S4 Xenons into pre-facelift

g60leigh

Reaction score
I have a set of pre-facelift s4 Xenons and am planning on fitting them into my car which has standard pre-facelift lights.

are these plug and play or do they need adapting? the wiring connector looks the same but looking at some web pages they show different set ups for factory fitted xenon light replacements and non xenon set ups so they will be plug and play.

so will I need to mod the wiring so these fire up when fitted to a car that does not have xenons from factory? or should I just sell these on?

Thanks

I'd say the only difference would be if your existing lights have integrated fog lights, which the S4 lights don't.

Should be plug and play. Why don't you just connect up one of them prior to fitting to check that all the bulbs work in the same way? That should take no longer than a couple of minutes.

i think the stock loom for xenon cars has an extra plug for the ballast, but i may be wrong?

As blue says, give it a try.

S4 2-piece HID's are plug and play in pre-facelift B5's.

Aragorn, there are still only two wires to connect to the ballast. I think you may be mistaking it for the extra wiring for the auto-levelling adjusters. They have a seperate plug from the main light connector on the S4 xenons (pre-facelift).