S4 wings onto an A4?

Paul_TDi

Reaction score
So I'm trying to broaden my search for wings for my ever rotting away A4 wings.

I suddenly thought I haven't been searching for S4's

Are they a little wider? Is that all they are?

If they are wider will they link into an Sline gmbh bumper ok

I know on an S3 bumper and wings are different and mismatches don't mesh together well.

I'm pretty sure even B7 S4 wings are the same as B7 A4 wings. The B7 RS4 has wider wings/arches?

Thanks for the confirmation guys.

Unfortunately the only S4 in my colour on ebay has already lost it's wings. Will carry on searching until I have money for paint then I think it will be Euro Platinum Plus pattern wings. Been told by my body shop and a mate in accident repair there good quality panels.

Strange how the S3 is more "modified" from standard compared to the S4

It's wider. A mate with a B7 looked it up and this is also what I've found online: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/448850-b7-rs4-front-bumper-on-a-b7-a4

That Audizine thread is about the RS4 bumper not S4. B7 S4's are narrow bodied B7 RS4's are wide bodied. I think your getting a little confused between the two.

B7 A4
488fb1ebb208b05d8270444c29544151.jpg

B7 S4
24ac48eb5e3855efe98c0d4b48303262.jpg

B7 RS4
96f6555b91119f0743f8dcef771e4058.jpg

S4 wings will fit on an A4.

I can't see where anybody has say they what to fit B7 wings on a B6 or that they would fit. Greeny has said B6 S4 wings will fit a B6 A4 and B7 S4 wings will fit a B7 A4 as far as I can see. I had a quick look up and there is no different part number listed for the S4 to the A4 wings on the B6's

Mea culpa, I got mixed up :) this is also what I said about B6 S4 wings fitting an A4, but I thought B7 S4 had a wider body, just like the RS4.

Reactions: Welshquattro and Greeny233
Wow missed all this action.

Mate can get me the euro wings at a knock down price so probs be going with them. Would prefer maybe slightly off panels gaps than the dreaded corrosion returning on 2nd hand wings.

Although paint might be put off for a while as just seen some drop dead gorgeous anthracite bbs rx207's locally. Almost too rude to pass up on them.

When Audi replaced mine they trimmed the inner plastic arches and then sealed it with silicone. From what I could find out from them and others it's the inner plastic arches that cause the rust as they rub threw the paint and any grit that's in there also helps to cut threw the paint. Hope that's some help to you Paul

Thanks very much, was going to research that before any new paint touched those arches.

Mine has cloth arches so hold that grit really well!

Was thinking of putting something like Lamin X on the lip of the arches too?

They have sealed the inner aches to the wings so no grit,mud or whatever can get in between the two and act like sandpaper.