S4 WiFi issue

motty225

Reaction score
Had my audi s4 for about 5 months and never really got round to trying the built in WiFi, decided id give it a go today, so searched for it on my galaxy s7 and connected to it using the code on the mmi screen, issue I have is nothing really seems to work, any Internet messaging doesn't come though like what apps etc also if I go to android auto on mmi and bring up deezer I can't load play anything that requires streaming, have a missed something when connecting?

There is no data provided by the incar sim for those types of services. You either need to sign up and pay for a data plan for the built in eSim, buy a sim (with data) and plug it into the slot, or since you have an S7, you can connect your phone via RSAP so as to "share" your allowances.

Reactions: cuke2u
There is no data provided by the incar sim for those types of services. You either need to sign up and pay for a data plan for the built in eSim, buy a sim (with data) and plug it into the slot, or since you have an S7, you can connect your phone via RSAP so as to "share" your allowances.
Ah that makes abit more sense, for some reason I thought the s4 was slightly different and you could use the inbuilt sim the way I wanted to, not sure about the 2nd part I'll try and look into it, cheers

As DotNetDude states, not with in built in data card. Unfortunately the MMI system in the S4 isn't any different from a 'ordinary' A4 in this respect.