S4 Tuning

cptjay

Reaction score
Awaiting delivery of my new S4 in next few days..... can't wait!

Has anyone any experience of tuning boxes or remaps on the S4 B9?

Looking at the box from DTUK...

I have the DTUK one on mine and would highly recommend it. Andrew the owner is great to work with for buying as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cuke2u
Still waiting for clarification from my supplying dealer who are also an ABT dealer about the official Audi warranty implications of the upgrade, from what I can gather so far ABT offer there own warranty of up to I believe £6k but a. It's not clear if the UK are included in this and b. If Audi will refuse any warranty work if this upgrade is fitted.
My S4 is arriving next month and I'm keen to get this fitted once i've a few miles on the clock but not at the expense of my warranty, I was told this week that Audi are in talks with ABT about this but I may have just been salesman talk.

Are the tuning boxes detectable? The general consensus on the Golf forums (currently got an R estate) is that they are and the only real option that can't be detected by delears is the Burger Motorsport JB1 or JB4.

Are the tuning boxes detectable? The general consensus on the Golf forums (currently got an R estate) is that they are and the only real option that can't be detected by delears is the Burger Motorsport JB1 or JB4.

Also have a Golf R at the moment!

Huge thread on it over on the R forums... my understanding is that if they suspect something and look hard then yes, they can find evidence of a tuning box...

However, my understanding of a remap is that it flags up a code straight away on diagnostics.

Plenty of people seem to have the tuning box removed for servicing with no issues... This is my preferred option anyhow, everyone is different.

Can’t tell you for certain, but I can say that mines been in for warranty regarding the gearbox since fitting the tuning box and there was nothing mentioned despite lots of scanning being done on the car...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ cptjay - Was looking at getting another R but after trying an S4 I was sold! Performance is similar but the tech and seats are miles ahead.
Re-map seems to be waiting for ECU to be cracked so not really an option, ABT offering promises good results but expensive but a subtle ABT does have a certain attraction!
Tuning box seems to offer good results for a good price, did have one on a previous mk7 GTD and it was worth every penny and BMS are almost ready with the JB4, decisions??!!

Mine will be leased, so will stay away from remaps and probably go down the tuning box route.

Love to hear more from those with a DTUK box installed!

Have you tried searching this forum? Quite a number of us have them. I'm really pleased with mine, it has made a massive difference.

Reactions: cuke2u and Daggerit
Yep, many of us have had either remps or tuning boxes on different cars, I had a dtuk one on my A3 and it was never detected. Of course if the dealership spots physical signs, marks on connectors, components not put back correctly, looms left in place etc., they will flag it.

Reactions: Daggerit
Have you tried searching this forum? Quite a number of us have them. I'm really pleased with mine, it has made a massive difference.

Yes, I have tried searching. The search engine is terrible and throws up hundreds of pages of irrelevant results.

Yes, I have tried searching. The search engine is terrible and throws up hundreds of pages of irrelevant results.

Really? When I enter DTUK in the search I get only relevant results.

The JB4 has been in dev for quite a while, is there a firm release date for a version that wont rely on paying customers to beta test it?