S4 transmission fluid change

ricostuart

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been looking at many DIY's out there, but I wanted to clarify some information.

When doing the transmission, what fluid is recommended, and is it recommended to change any filters, gaskets, etc? How much fluid (in uk litres rather than US quarts would be handy!). Is the fill plug underneath inline with the drain plug? If so, I take it I will have to fill it with some sort of pressuriser or something? Can something like the MityVac work? I do have a shop compressor as well.

I will be doing the rear diff as well - what fluid and how much is recommended there?

When I start it (in a week or so) I can take photos, vids, or whatever if anyone feels its useful?

Usually get mine from opieoils mate. You can search for your car and they give the amount needed and grade etc... Also sell filters and we get discount I believe. Think the code is audis (was last time anyway) you'll have to check on here

Hi all,

Been looking at many DIY's out there, but I wanted to clarify some information.

When doing the transmission, what fluid is recommended, and is it recommended to change any filters, gaskets, etc? How much fluid (in uk litres rather than US quarts would be handy!). Is the fill plug underneath inline with the drain plug? If so, I take it I will have to fill it with some sort of pressuriser or something? Can something like the MityVac work? I do have a shop compressor as well.

I will be doing the rear diff as well - what fluid and how much is recommended there?

When I start it (in a week or so) I can take photos, vids, or whatever if anyone feels its useful?

Check this thread from another site....Does this help?

BR
A
Transmission fluid capacity