S4 steering sound on full lock

Ajwhite

Reaction score
Something odd with going on full lock, sounds like extreme bass sound/juddering in the cockpit.

Wondered if this is a tracking issue or something else?

Its pretty annoying and feels like the tyres are scrubbing at low speed on full lock, left and right.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

is your car quattro? if so then this is normal.

Remember to limit the time on full lock - there is advice about this in the owners manual.

Reactions: g00se
Remember to limit the time on full lock - there is advice about this in the owners manual.
Haven't actually read through it, is it around excess wear to bushings or something like that?

I always notice the "Quattro clonk" the most, when driving slowly in tight indoor spaces such as multistory car parks... spooks me every time, even tho i know what it is lol

goose

Is this the creaking/clunking I hear when maneuvering out of a parking space? ***, I've been chasing that noise for ages lol

• Haha
Reactions: g00se
Scrap that, I hear that noise now. The other clunking is just my pads moving.

Reactions: spartacus 68
Quick update, the harsh vibrsting/bass sound I was getting has been greatly reduced by getting it aligned!

Hugely more enjoyable to drive! Next up is some stone chip repairs
cbcc6ddf0c88c7e5a9781b3b4b454f20.jpg

Quick update, the harsh vibrsting/bass sound I was getting has been greatly reduced by getting it aligned!

Hugely more enjoyable to drive! Next up is some stone chip repairs
cbcc6ddf0c88c7e5a9781b3b4b454f20.jpg

Mine is booked in for an alignment check tomorrow.

Yeah I do have drive select, why?

I noticed the description on the sheet was different from mine. I remember them pulling half my boot out to get to the suspension plate or something lol

Has your left rear been thrown out a bit further? Can just see the arrow.