S4 Stages of tune/power expectancy

big eck

Reaction score
Evening folks.

I am just about to purchase my first S4 s-tronic and was wondering what the level of tuning options.

Having just sold my revo stage 2+ Leon Cupra with 380bhp the S4 is going to have some big shoes to fill IMO.

Can anyone tell me what level of tune stage 1 is and them all the extra stages with the corresponding levels and expected power figures. This will give me something to aim for in the future.

According to the owner of the car I'm viewing tomorrow it's has a full scorpion exhaust system and a map including the Dsg box. The box on his had issues so it's was fully repaired by Audi and is still under warranty afaik so that's something I don't need to worry about.

Any info would be much appreciated

Cheers Alex

One key first question. Which engine do you have? 3.0t gives loads of options. 4.2 less so.

This is what I was tol

400-420 stage 1
440-480 stage 2(or 1+ as revo call it)

I came from a 514bhp Mazda mps, stage 2 is more than capable of filling some big shoes.

What's the reliability like on the other parts of the engine/running gear when going from stage 1 upwards???

The S4 engine is basically a detuned 400hp engine anyway (boost dumped after 5,500rpm),so the extra stress isn't as huge as it seems

Reactions: Stu2w
What year is it ? As above pre-facelift seem to suffer issues with the gear box, post facelift not so many but then they are newer. As the car has already had some gearbox issues don't assume that it won't fail again. And if Audi find out it's been mapped including the box I don't think they would be liable to honor the warranty if there was an issue with the box.

B8.5 with what me X and razza have our cars fly!
Your talking a family motor which will do 175+ mph 0-60 sub 4 sec.
Some decent power these kick when they've been tweeked.

Reactions: Chop., razza1 and xpoweruk