S4 Slow Start up - normal?

fearLesss

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could you take a look at this video for me. This is consistent every time the car has gone cold, if I pop to the shops and come back it starts instantly, and you can see by the 2nd start at the end of the video it's almost instantaneous.

Is it something I should be concerned with?

Thanks

I don't think that there is a problem there, I seem to remember thinking that when I first got mine!

Mine does it if i haven't driven it in a couple of days. might just be waiting for the pump to prime or build up pressure.

Mine does it if i haven't driven it in a couple of days. might just be waiting for the pump to prime or build up pressure.
Mine does it every time the engine goes cold after a few hours, at least I know it's not just me.

Mines been like that since the weather got colder

Just been out & all was normal again start wise.
temp was a 11*c today so warmer than it has been

Just been out & all was normal again start wise.
temp was a 11*c today so warmer than it has been

I just went out to try it as well and if you put the ignition on straight away when you press the key in the car started up when the needle got to the 3 o'clock point before it comes back down again, which is about half as quick as it did on the video.

Car mustn't like the cold or something lol

Reactions: xpoweruk
Just got back from the battery test place, they said my battery is good, the alternator is giving it juice but there could possibly be a drain on the system.

When he tested the battery with the engine off it was 12.5V and when it's on it goes up to 14.5v depending on revs.

Even though it had 12.5v I'm fairly sure that wouldn't cause the issue here.

Spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter were changed on the last service 400 miles ago, so I'm going to hazard a guess at a fuel pump or something like that?

IMO it is a non issue

Reactions: fearLesss
imho, if the lengthened crank time before firing occurs when either; the vehicle has stood for a length of time and/or ambient temperatures are lower, this would allow for oil to be circulated, chain tensioners primed and towards correct positions etc. So, I would imagine, of benefit rather than an issue?

Reactions: xpoweruk and fearLesss
imho, if the lengthened crank time before firing occurs when either; the vehicle has stood for a length of time and/or ambient temperatures are lower, this would allow for oil to be circulated, chain tensioners primed and towards correct positions etc. So, I would imagine, of benefit rather than an issue?
Sounds good to me :D