S4 service

GarethS4

Reaction score
looking to get the 5 year service done on my 2012 s4 .what all does this require done ,car is Manuel and 46k on clock.thanks .

I'd think a quick change of oil and oil filter, a couple of kicks of the tyres and away you go!
Typically "odd" years are just an oil service and "even" years a bit more, with even more at 6 years when you get new plugs and air filter etc as well.
One other thing, at 5 years, that car could be due its second brake fluid change.

Edit:- I'd guess that a main dealer should also check the condition of the bodywork, ie paint condition, stone chips, any unusual rusting? I think that that is the bit that keeps you "good" in respect of later rusting issues getting fixed FOC, for me, that has been lost as I did my own service starting at 6 years, prior to that as the car was on variable servicing, I replaced the oil and filter at "odd" years and got the dealer to carry out the inspection etc service at 4 years, but as they seem to be very greedy, I gave them a body swerve at year 6 inspection etc and did all that myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: GarethS4
Supercharger drive belt change, maybe? What does your service schedule book say?
I have changed the belt already as I went apr pulley .i didn't know there was a schedule with the car .never looked at the books tbh.thanks .:blackrs4:

Holy crap I never changed the brake fluid at 3 years never mind the 5th year lol.do you really need to change it so often as every two years..

Changing brake fluid is important as it absorbs water over time making it less effective
http://www.aa1car.com/library/bfluid.htm

bfluid.gif

Reactions: V6_Man and GarethS4
Some of us had our first brake fluid change at 2 years, despite the schedule recommending 3 years, and we agree that the difference is noticeable.

Reactions: V6_Man
Some of us had our first brake fluid change at 2 years, despite the schedule recommending 3 years, and we agree that the difference is noticeable.
@Dippy, I agree totally.
@GarethS4, if you're running a Stage 2 remap, you really need your brakes to be at the top of their game.

Reactions: GarethS4 and V6_Man
I feel that the brakes are really not up to the job after a good blast on a twisty B road .that is defo my next purchase for the car .although I am running the car at stage 2 it is not near the figures that most others are getting .it is an ongoing problem I have with the car as others are near the same figures with just a remap.very disappointed with it tbh.being in N Ireland I have no choice of tuners like you have on the main land.i would love to get over to the likes of mrc to see if they could improve it from were its at just now.

Check MRC's Facebook page and you find at least 2 customers drove over from mainland Europe (one from Germany, can't remember where the other one came from) for an MRC tune. In their cases they have the CREC engine so there are only a few tuners they could go to. I assume you can get a car ferry over to England? Just a thought...

Check MRC's Facebook page and you find at least 2 customers drove over from mainland Europe (one from Germany, can't remember where the other one came from) for an MRC tune. In their cases they have the CREC engine so there are only a few tuners they could go to. I assume you can get a car ferry over to England? Just a thought...
Yes ferry takes you to Liverpool or you can drive from Scotland.£500 before I even start to get there .should of just went there first time.wont happen again on new car .

Did you ask MRC if they would offer any discounts as you are switching from a different tuner. If so, it might be worth biting the bullet and getting the tune done from them (off course depending on how much discount they offer)

Another option is AwesomeGTI in Manchester who are APR approved tuners and are very good. I have bought all the parts for my S4 from them and really pleased with their level of service so far.

Being Manchester based, it also helps avoid the hassle of driving from Liverpool to Banbury (MRC). @arad85 has had his S5 tuned from them and he also happens to be their 'trial/prototype' car for Ultra Charger upgrade. He is very happy with the results and is hitting the same number (stage 2) as MRC would give you. So, worth considering AwesomeGTI for APR as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: xpoweruk
Another option is AwesomeGTI in Manchester who are APR approved tuners and are very good. I have bought all the parts for my S4 from them and really pleased with their level of service so far.

Being Manchester based, it also helps avoid the hassle of driving from Liverpool to Banbury (MRC). @arad85 has had his S5 tuned from them and he also happens to be their 'trial/prototype' car for Ultra Charger upgrade. He is very happy with the results and is hitting the same number (stage 2) as MRC would give you. So, worth considering AwesomeGTI for APR as well.
Not sure whether APR have released their files for the CREC engine yet. I haven't heard anything (not saying I necessarily would mind you).

Having said that, I've been impressed with Awesome so far. They are APR UK and are the main support for the UK dealer network (and France too I believe) so should know their stuff.

Reactions: V6_Man