S4 saloon boot lid w/spoiler retrofit

Reaction score
This is one of the most satisfying upgrades i have made. After a long period of time researching if the S4 saloon had an integrated boot spoiler over the S-Line trim, followed by more time searching to find a suitable boot lid, i hit on the jackpot. I found a donor S4 via eBay with the boot lid at a reasonable cost, good condition and most importantly, the same colour code! Naturally, saving ~£300 on painting was a massive bonus.

Spent an afternoon removing trim and wiring followed by the old boot lid. With the help of the better half, i was able to fit the donor boot lid, with all body lines matching up and reattached all wiring. Really pleased with this part in particular.

Slight oddity, the S4 boot lid was lighter than the the original part. Not sure why, but there was an obvious weight difference and indeed the boot opens much quicker when released.

I'm really pleased with how it looks now, I wasn't keen on adding an after market spoiler, so this gives me the OEM factory look and feel and the spoiler I yearned for.

20200819 200948

20200913 192800

20200825 200950

20200913 192150

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy Butcher, Nitro_CR and ruairi83
Definitely an improvement :icon thumright:
Have you got a picture of the complete rear end? I'm toying with painting my rear diffuser gloss black as it's a white dynamik and it's maybe too much white at the back!

Definitely an improvement :icon thumright:
Have you got a picture of the complete rear end? I'm toying with painting my rear diffuser gloss black as it's a white dynamik and it's maybe too much white at the back!

Yes indeed...see here. Can't recommend going black enough. Does the Dynamik have a single piece rear diffuser?

I do however need to add the plastidip glossifier.

Rear diffuser 14920

Yeah my original plan was to fit a twin exit after market system to the car but when I picked it up I noticed it had already got a very nice system fitted so it seems like a waste of money to change for the sake of looks...
I will do just the bit within the existing black line I reckon.
IMG 20200905 194346507 HDR