S4 / S5 calipers

Leyton388

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just a quick one but would I be able to put a set of s4 /s5 b8 calipers on my A4 b8 tdi?

I was looking at the q5 calipers but I can pick up a set of used s4 calipers for half the price.

Also if I can would it be a straight bolt on job with s4 disks or is it a big job to upgrade?

Thanks

Hi guys

Just a quick one but would I be able to put a set of s4 /s5 b8 calipers on my A4 b8 tdi?

I was looking at the q5 calipers but I can pick up a set of used s4 calipers for half the price.

Also if I can would it be a straight bolt on job with s4 disks or is it a big job to upgrade?

Thanks

Yes, I had a set of S5 ones on my A5 2.0tdi, S4/S5 are the same fitment. You need the S4/S5 disc's with the calipers.

JG

Reactions: Meemo
Thanks. What size discs are the s4 and where' the best place to get them?

Thanks. What size discs are the s4 and where' the best place to get them?

Fronts are 345mm, I tend to use eurocarparts, carpartsforless, or if you know anyone with a TPS account.
If using the first two sites, you'll need an S4/S5 registration number, easily found on ebay.
They also do EBC discs & Redstuff pads.

JG

Reactions: Leyton388
I have a set for sale with almost brand new discs and lines for 250 (live near romford)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I have brand new genuine front s4 discs still in wrapper and coated. For sale

I have a set for sale with almost brand new discs and lines for 250 (live near romford)

Can you pm me some pictures mate?

Can you pm me some pictures mate?
If your okay to wait to Thursday I can do it then as I'm away in bath until then unfortunately

If you have the trw calipers already fitted then all you need is the caliper carriers and the 345mm discs. I upgraded mine on my A5 tdi. Have a look on the trw website, it gives you the part numbers for the s4 carriers

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

I though the S4/5 used the same caliper as standard car just with a bigger mount to allow it to clear the bigger disks? So in theory all you need is bracket and disks?

yes S4/S5 calipers are a direct bolt-on replacement.

I upgraded to S4 calipers and discs on my 3.0 TDI

The discs are 345mm (were 320mm before , will be even smaller on a 2.o TDI)

The calipers are the same as the ones on the 3.0 TDI just the carriers are larger to make room for the bigger discs.

I though the S4/5 used the same caliper as standard car just with a bigger mount to allow it to clear the bigger disks? So in theory all you need is bracket and disks?
Like I said above as I did it on my A5. As long as the trw calipers are fitted.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Managed to get a pair of s5 calipers from eBay for £200.00. Going to get the pads and discs next week. Will post some pictures when they are fitted.

Reactions: xpoweruk and RS5 JON
Managed to get a pair of s5 calipers from eBay for £200.00. Going to get the pads and discs next week. Will post some pictures when they are fitted.

I could have got them for you at a fraction of that price, albeit they're for a 3.0 TDI so you'd still need the caliper carriers.

I could have got them for you at a fraction of that price, albeit they're for a 3.0 TDI so you'd still need the caliper carriers.

well that kind of defeats the purpose if you still need to get the carriers which are hard to find/expensive to purchase on their own.

I received the calipers today. Just a quick question when fitting them will in need to replace the break lines or can I use the ones on my car?

I received the calipers today. Just a quick question when fitting them will in need to replace the break lines or can I use the ones on my car?

My S5 calipers came with S5 brake lines, but I think you can use your existing ones.

JG

It does look like I can use the lines already in the car

So I stripped down the calipers tonight and gave them a clean using break cleaner them IPA.

The have come up well but with them being used have some marks on them. I'm now thinking of painting them gloss black just to get rid of the marks.

Would anyone know what is the best way to paint them in that should I just go over the paint already on them on sand them down, prime them then paint them and also what would be the best paint to use to give it that OE look?

I've also seen people mentioning using an ultrasonic bath to clean the calipers and I do have access to one of these but I'm not sure.

So quick update on the breaks.

Yesterday I painted them gloss black then used a clear coat to seal them and so far look really good.

I also Bought some brembo 345mm discs from eurocarparts.co.uk

So far I'm really pleased with the way they have turned out, however have had a bit of trouble when removing my old carriers today. The bolts on them are just way to tight and had broken a few of my sockets.

I've ordered a breaker bar and some impact sockets which should sort the issue out. I'll update and post pictures when their on the car.

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro
So today the calipers and discs were installed and was a quite straight forward job, apart from having to drill out the locator screws on the old discs which were a nightmare as whoever had the car before me completely rounded the screws off.

You can really feel the difference with these on and would certainly recommend this upgrade.

I also fitted the DTUK pedal box and tuning box which has completely transformed the car and has removed a lot of the turbo lag and gave much better pedal response and the car is a lot more responsive in the mid to high rev range.

Might have to change the S5 logo though.

Next thing on the list of an exhaust upgrade but need to look into this as I don't have a clue on where to start. Some advice would be appreciated guys.

20180428 160451
20180428 160509
20180428 161359

Last edited: