S4 running rough!

Greg Goulding

Reaction score
On the way to work, the S4 started running very rough. Think Del Boy's van!
It was twinned with the picture below
47758cd283b78f8730b78d91ec17e67d.jpg

Can I take it to any Audi dealer?
I bought it from Kent, and life in Suffolk. The issue is I'm off skiing first thing tomorrow morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, warranty applies at any Audi service centre.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I had this pop up on my dash after a couple of days ownership. It turned out to be the camshaft position sensor that had failed. Not a nice experience losing power and going into limp mode but it was sorted pretty quickly. It's not exactly inspired me with confidence though and it's always in the back of my mind that the same might happen again. Probably never will but the seed of doubt has unfortunately been sown.

Update - Audi has taken it off to be looked at closely and refer back to Germany. I've got a hire car on the way, so won't be seeing the S4 for at least a week!

Must be the washer fluid! hope it's sorted soon

There does seem to be quite a lot of B9 issues on very nearly new cars. As stated above doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the long term reliability.

So a week without the S4, I've been emailed saying that the ECU is faulty and requires a new one. It's currently on back order at the factory, so looks like I'll be getting used to the A7 I'm borrowing!

So a week without the S4, I've been emailed saying that the ECU is faulty and requires a new one. It's currently on back order at the factory, so looks like I'll be getting used to the A7 I'm borrowing!

ah what! that sucks!

Got the S4 back, almost certain with 200 extra miles, missing the SIM card and missing the books from the glove box! Not impressed!

Got the S4 back, almost certain with 200 extra miles, missing the SIM card and missing the books from the glove box! Not impressed!

I think audi customer services need to know about this, it is disgraceful and not the way any audi owner should be treated..

I'd be on the phone to the dealer principal. That's theft pure and simple.

Hope you get it sorted.

So they've fixed the internet issue - it wasn't programmed properly.
Miles is not provable and regarding the books, they say it wasn't them and won't help!
Been really busy with work and home life so haven't had much chance to follow up, but will try and get it sorted this week!

Doesn't inspire confidence when they just quote shaggy at you!

Deffo going to BSE for anything to do with mine.

Quite, as far as I am concerned once you hand the car over to the dealership then they have care for it. Beggars belief that they then just flippently state it wasn't them. So who the hell was it?

Quite, as far as I am concerned once you hand the car over to the dealership then they have care for it. Beggars belief that they then just flippently state it wasn't them. So who the hell was it?
That's Ipswich Audi for you! Mahoosive brand new state of the art dealership costing millions, same old prats working inside!