S4 Recaro's care

Simon S4

Reaction score
My Recaro's in light grey could do with a bit of TLC - can anyone recommend products to clean and re-furb 7 year old leather?

Thanks
Simon
:s4addict:

gliptonemixopy.jpg

Leather has always been used to give the feeling of luxury to automobiles and furnishings.

Hand-built cars were trimmed in leather and exotic woods, a tradition that is copied today on the production line, but not only has the assembly technique changed, so has the leather.

Hides are now tanned with recyclable materials which reduce process times and waste by-products, however, the attractive "smell" associated with quality leather is lost.

New LIQUID LEATHERTM adds the traditional "smell" to new and old leather.

LIQUID LEATHERTM Cleaner and LIQUID LEATHERTM Conditioner clean, soften, protect and restore all leather articles from jackets, handbags and saddles to car and domestic seating. LIQUID LEATHERTM is even available with SCOTCHGUARDTM for water and dirt repellency.

Gliptone is the make for all the above. Use G12 leather cleaner first .

Last edited:
A few years back I used saddle soap on some GTi half leather seats in a Peugeot 205 GTi MI16 I had - it did a brilliant job on them, they were grey in colour with thousands of crack lines and it got rid of 99%!

Gliptone..lovely stuff....got the cleaner and treatment from eBay

Any tips for cleaning and restoring the leather on steering wheels? Want to lose the shine and the stench of the previous chain smoker with out making it greasy, sticky or slippery!

Use Glipton G12 (CLEANER) then Glipton leather feed, with regards to the smoke stench you will have to wetvax all carpet's along with the seats (centers only) . wipe all your plastic's down with damp cloth using warm water do the door card's and then dashboard , take your time . You will be amazed when you wetvax the carpet's and seats.