S4 Owners

ub7rm

Reaction score
I wasn't planning on changing my car for about another year, but the dealers phoned me today about a stock S4 Avant they have and what sounds like a pretty good deal. Hand back my ~ 2 year old S4 BE and keep the same monthly payments.

However, the car is pretty much stock - only option is metallic paint.

I would like privacy glass, matrix lights and B&O. Plus I don't really like the look of the standard 18's (though I do like the idea of 18's vs 19's to be honest).

So I have some questions,

Anyone gone from the B8 B&O sound system to the Audi sound system? Much difference?
Whats the difference between the extended lighting package and the standard system? Is it just that they change colour?

I really wasn't planning on changing my current car for a while, but I have to admit its made me think! It will save me about a grand on new tyres actually! Plus I'll have it before the new tax rules kick in. However, its not my ideal spec - and spending this much money I'm not inclined to compromise. Nice dilemma to have I guess.

Reactions: Dave70, Keef and Thundercliffe81
I wasn't planning on changing my car for about another year, but the dealers phoned me today about a stock S4 Avant they have and what sounds like a pretty good deal. Hand back my ~ 2 year old S4 BE and keep the same monthly payments.

However, the car is pretty much stock - only option is metallic paint.

I would like privacy glass, matrix lights and B&O. Plus I don't really like the look of the standard 18's (though I do like the idea of 18's vs 19's to be honest).

So I have some questions,

Anyone gone from the B8 B&O sound system to the Audi sound system? Much difference?
Whats the difference between the extended lighting package and the standard system? Is it just that they change colour?

I really wasn't planning on changing my current car for a while, but I have to admit its made me think! It will save me about a grand on new tyres actually! Plus I'll have it before the new tax rules kick in. However, its not my ideal spec - and spending this much money I'm not inclined to compromise. Nice dilemma to have I guess.

Tax reasons I can understand but, if it's really limited on options, I'd simply look around for other dealer models with more. They're out there.

I had standard S4 BE too before my B9 S4 and a few options make a world of difference. Matrix lights are incredible. Light and vision pack a necessity. Bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the matrix lights differ from the standard led lights in terms of brightness ? ..... or is it just the dimming function vs oncoming traffic & dynamic front indicators ?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Snake, while I can't offer any advice on their relative brightness, I can vouch for the matrix lights being very bright with an astonishing range - they are a big step up from the Xenons on my previous Audi. Although I was initially wary of driving round with the auto beam on (in case I got flashed from annoyed oncoming drivers), they are very good at masking off corridors of light and you can actually see the mask moving as the angle of the oncoming cars changes. The obvious benefit is that in situations where a non-matrix system would dip the whole array of lights, the matrix lights try to keep as much of them illuminated at all times. When there is no traffic, they illuminate the road for hundreds of meters, I mean yards!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Keef, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Snake, while I can't offer any advice on their relative brightness, I can vouch for the matrix lights being very bright with an astonishing range - they are a big step up from the Xenons on my previous Audi. Although I was initially wary of driving round with the auto beam on (in case I got flashed from annoyed oncoming drivers), they are very good at masking off corridors of light and you can actually see the mask moving as the angle of the oncoming cars changes. The obvious benefit is that in situations where a non-matrix system would dip the whole array of lights, the matrix lights try to keep as much of them illuminated at all times. When there is no traffic, they illuminate the road for hundreds of meters, I mean yards!

Yeah I think the brightness might be the same but it's the tech as you say to switch off part of the beam for oncoming traffic & leave a % of the beam still on. Very clever stuff !!!

Dynamic indicators are very cool too of course.

Audi have such an extensive & tantalising range of options now don't they :)

@ub7rm
I was in a similar situation, this, plus all the S4 threads & pics started me looking.
My S4 BE is a bit older than yours (3 years in May) I've ended up with the spec I want and will be paying an extra £4 a month (plus £1000 deposit). I was supprised at the amount of equity in my current car vs the GFV price.
Personally I wouldn't take the deal! You'll miss having the toys.
Getting in before the VED would be nice as my order will miss this!

Last edited:
Nice dilemma to have I guess.

Although I myself didn't go bonkers with the options, I would have struggled to get one with none at all. Yes, it's a brilliant car, but you have the choice of customising it to make it very much your own, the main thing being the colour, oh, then alloys and err, privacy glass, maybe the sports diff and the ACC, definitely the Virtual Cockpit and matrix lights. Oh dear....

Don't rush into it, research the options, look at your budget and then go to one of many discount sites and haggle with the dealer of your choice. You could end up with the car you really want for a lot less than that car sat at the dealers :)

Reactions: pierreluigi88 and Thundercliffe81