S4 - No option for adaptive cruise??

EddieRS3

Reaction score
Is that correct? Can't seem to find an option for adaptive cruise at all, what's that about !

It's only included in the driver assistance package - tour. Not available stand alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Richard Neale and Thundercliffe81
It's very good though. Doesn't slam on the breaks when someone cuts you off. Unless it has to of course.

Also it's able to keep a pretty close distance at high speed. That same distance no closer at low speed though which is a shame.

I do fancy it in my next car. Is it really worth all that money though?
My wife has it on her Golf and I'm amazed how useful it is. Meant to be even better on an auto as it can bring the car to a complete stop in traffic. I'll be speccing it on my next car.

Reactions: Keef and ScottishA4B9
Yea our Passat has it and it's really good espnin average speed zones the braking takes a bit of getting used to tho.

I do fancy it in my next car. Is it really worth all that money though?

The first A4 I tested had the tour assistance package and it was awesome. Very nearly drives itself with steering inputs and everything. With an auto it's fantastic in traffic as well as it drives and steers itself as well up to a given speed and then it needs minimal interaction after that. Can't wait to use it on mine when it comes!

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
My car has been known to do a nice 30 mile cruise without me touching the pedals or wheel at all, and only having to do so to change lanes if necessary. It's an awesome feature (with a water bottle on the wheel for false steering input) which I use constantly having a 140 round trip commute.

The A4 diver assist comes into it's own with traffic jam assist, where it will quite happily plod along by itself - fully autonomous until the traffic eases or gets above 40mph. Allows me to gaze out of the window at other drivers and amaze at the amount that pick their noses!

Best feature yet, is if you have a route programmed into the satnav, it will even slow down for turns, roundabouts, speed limit changes etc without any pedal input (providing you don't need to stop). It does have some oddities with reading speed limit signs on other roads at times, but if you regularly commute on the same roads you learn where they are and just have your foot gently pressed on the accelerator to override.

Happy to explain more if anyone has any questions

Reactions: Daggerit and Spaceman_RS3
I use it every day. Traffic jam assist doesn't require input every 30 seconds and so is really relaxing.

St higher speeds I find the steering assist less useful. Adaptive cruise control is really excellent and smooth though.

Normal cruise control is basically rubbish.

Reactions: Daggerit
This thread is really making me wish I specc'd it. Just annoying it was part of an expensive pack. Maybe on the next car in 3 years....

This thread is really making me wish I specc'd it. Just annoying it was part of an expensive pack. Maybe on the next car in 3 years....

Not to rub it in, but after having tried it I don't think that I'd not spec it on any future cars provided I'm able to afford it. :)

I think a good by-product is that it might make me less annoyed with other drivers as I usually drive with normal cruise and hate having to adjust it if the person in front is slowing/accelerating all the time. That and sitting in traffic will be a breeze. :)

Reactions: Keef
Just plain lazy!
Next you'll be wanting to sit in the back!:whistle2:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Daggerit
Agree - it's a must have in my book all the time I am doing long commutes, was the main reason I went with the A4 as it's so well implemented. Makes driving far less stressful, and me less grumpy if I get home after a long drive

Just plain lazy!
Next you'll be wanting to sit in the back!:whistle2:

Yup, super lazy! I'd happily sit in the back during traffic or a dual carriageway drive but obviously it won't be used for B road blasts... :tonguewink:

How much is the option? The normal cruise will do me roads pretty quiet round here and not used for commuting

Not to rub it in, but after having tried it I don't think that I'd not spec it on any future cars provided I'm able to afford it. :)

I think a good by-product is that it might make me less annoyed with other drivers as I usually drive with normal cruise and hate having to adjust it if the person in front is slowing/accelerating all the time. That and sitting in traffic will be a breeze. :)

Absolutely spot on reason I want it. Everytime I'm on a motorway its either average speed cameras, road works or busy. Constantly adjusting manual cruise control is a pain.

Next time definitely coughing up... or maybe Audi might include it as standard...(dreaming)

Shouldn't be a dream. Its already standard on VW Golf and Passat beyond the entry level models.

It shouldn't be a dream, but how often do we see that other VAG group cars get things as standard that us Audi drivers have to pay for? :angry:

Yea it's standard on our business se Passat so are the 17 inch wheels lol

£1,250... Not worth it if it's just a car for fun and not doing any commuting I'd say.
Ouch no thanks yea it's the family car(well it will be) the pano roof will be more in line for that cash