S4 misfire

Andrew Longden

Reaction score
Hello I recently purchased a 2010 audi s4 3.0 L. I was driving at full throttle second gear and at about 5-6000 rpm it felt like it stuttered, I tried again and it did it again only this time epl came on and it felt like it had shut down a cylinder or maybe more than knew. I pulled over switched off and back on and all was bavk to normal, I've tried to recreate it and so far it won't do it again. Has anyone experience this, I've looked through threads but none ever seem to get to bottom kg random misfire like this. I haven't got vcds yet so don't know what codes it has stored.

Could be something simple like spark plugs or bad fuel. Could also be something worse like catalytic converters.

I'd check when plugs were last changed. Rule out the petrol is a easy one.
Catalytic converter you can monitor on a cheap obd to see if the cats are doing their job.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As above. Get it scanned with VCDS. I have a problem with the S4 limiting the car to 4k rpm and after scanning it, found one of the oil sensors to be faulty. When it was replaced it was actually damaged. Good luck.

Keep an eye on your coolant level.
The intercoolers are known to leak (into the engine) and can cause this.

Hello I recently purchased a 2010 audi s4 3.0 L. I was driving at full throttle second gear and at about 5-6000 rpm it felt like it stuttered, I tried again and it did it again only this time epl came on and it felt like it had shut down a cylinder or maybe more than knew. I pulled over switched off and back on and all was bavk to normal, I've tried to recreate it and so far it won't do it again. Has anyone experience this, I've looked through threads but none ever seem to get to bottom kg random misfire like this. I haven't got vcds yet so don't know what codes it has stored.
Do you have an open air induction kit on?

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk