S4 going in for first (oil) service @9.5k miles

Headzup

Reaction score
Had the car from new (67 plate in Sept17) and dropping it in next week at Camberely.
The ‘agent’ on the phone asked what else needed/would I like doing, so I if they could:
  • Perform map updates
  • Check the ACC as when in a 40 zone it often drops to 30 asnd stays there
  • Any software updates (I’ve read somewhere, possibly on here, that they’d fixed the overhead 360 view when reversing so it stays on ‘camera’ rather than ‘graphic’?!?
Anything else I should ask..?

Also asked them NOT to wash as have ceramic coating etc...

Thanks cuke2u, I do have the Tech pack, so will get that done before taking it in ;)

Reactions: cuke2u
Had the car from new (67 plate in Sept17) and dropping it in next week at Camberely.
The ‘agent’ on the phone asked what else needed/would I like doing, so I if they could:
  • Perform map updates
  • Any software updates (I’ve read somewhere, possibly on here, that they’d fixed the overhead 360 view when reversing so it stays on ‘camera’ rather than ‘graphic’?!?

Can I ask what price you've got? Mine is counting down for this too, been calling around but wanted to check where you're at. I've put an update post in another thread just recently. Cheers!

• Perform map updates

Don't suppose you have a link regarding the 360 camera update? I've got this problem with my 18 plate S4 and dealer said it was intended behaviour. If indeed it's been updated I'll be getting in touch with them to insist they provide the update as it's ****** annoying.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not sure, go to Audi CS I guess, but some haven't had a positive experience there either..

Emailed the guy I'd spoken to previously about it and turns out he left the company. I'll wait until I'm ready to take it in for a service (and probably a new set of tyres) and use that as leverage!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Can I ask what price you've got? Mine is counting down for this too, been calling around but wanted to check where you're at. I've put an update post in another thread just recently. Cheers!

I was quoted £380ish by one and when I said ‘for an oil change’ they said they could knock 10% off. So called another local dealer who had quoted me £340ish last year (from a call centre) and they said £340 and when I queried that it was able to be dropped to £300ish.

They performed the software update for the MMI though yet to test that properly ref 369 cam and reverse park graphic/camera view...

Reactions: RB84
Blimey you have camera's that will go around greater than a full circle ;-)

Reactions: Headzup
Just a quick update, the 360 camera has behaved itself since the update and always comes up i.e. I no longer have to switch it manually from Graphic to Overhead view. :icon thumright:

Reactions: cuke2u