S4 - first oil change

Dippy

Reaction score
Coming from the B5, I have been used to more frequent than normal oil changes for the sake of keeping the turbos happy. What's general opinion for the B8 - stick to what the car says or do it early? If the latter how soon?

I am also toying with the idea of getting the used oil analysed in a lab, as its not too expensive and it might be interesting, especially if it indicates something is amiss before I blow my warranty. Anyone else done this?

Reactions: Bristle Hound
yearly changes for me prob doing 7-9k a year but will change oil yearly regardless of millage

I'm doing annual changes and have had the car set as such. It came out the factory on Flexible but I asked for it to be switched. The dealer thought I was mad. I only do 4-5k miles a year so it should be on annual according to Audi themselves but the dealer said most people don't bother. Why am I not surprised.

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/servicing-your-audi.html
I do a similar annual mileage to @scotty76 & !'ve also reset my servicing regime from flexible to fixed annual when I collected it

Did the same on my old B8 A4 too

More info on servicing here, albeit in the 8V A3/S3 section, but plenty of relevant stuff
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/page-2#post-2288944

I'm in the low mileage club too; 5k-6k a year.

Mine is on "servicing when my car tells me". According to the website I should switch to annual but I'm staying on flex. This puts my services to every 2 years. I'm filling the gaps with oil changes, so basically it's getting an oil change every year (normal oil change, followed by a service the year after which includes an oil change).

I see no reason whatsoever to have it serviced annually. The only issue is the oil which will be done, the rest of it can deal with biannual changes. Stronic oil etc gets done at set miles points anyway.

I'm also on a service plan which is covering my first 3 services, this means 6 years of ownership. As I get free MOTs during my service plan it means I'm saving money.

Switched to annual myself. 8-9k a year millage wise for me

Thanks for the comments and I agree. I'm expecting to do 4-5K per year so I will service year irrespective of what the DIS states (I don't think I'll bother switching it to manual as I like to see what the recommended is anyway. However I was wondering if I should have the very first oil change done before the car's birthday, maybe after 6 months. I guess that no-one else has done that.