S4 Figures - Help!

Good 2 B A Gooner

Reaction score
Any B7 S4 owners out there... Can you let me know what sort of figures i can get; MPG!

I've looked at a few on Autotrader and am thinking of one for a year or so, just wonder about the petrol though! Also are they expensive to keep on the road I.E. Servicing etc.

Cheers :eyebrows:

Same engine and weight as the B6 S4 IIRC so I'd imagine performance and economy would be near-enough identical.

My remapped B6 averages about 26 but most people seem to get lower than that: around 20 seems to be more normal depending on driving style and conditions. Single figure MPG is entirely possible if you have a very heavy right foot though...

Don't know about servicing costs off the top of my head (all the paperwork is at home) as it was serviced shortly before I bought it so I haven't had to do it yet.

Other running costs: four new Eagle F1 Asymmetrics cost about £550 including fitting and I've had a quote for £560 to replace all brake discs and pads.

Last edited:
Same engine and weight as the B6 S4 IIRC so I'd imagine performance and economy would be near-enough identical.

My remapped B6 averages about 26 but most people seem to get lower than that: around 20 seems to be more normal depending on driving style and conditions. Single figure MPG is entirely possible if you have a very heavy right foot though...

Don't know about servicing costs off the top of my head (all the paperwork is at home) as it was serviced shortly before I bought it so I haven't had to do it yet.

Other running costs: four new Eagle F1 Asymmetrics cost about £550 including fitting and I've had a quote for £560 to replace all brake discs and pads.

Cheers Bill - 20ish MPG :unsure:.... :faint: Think it's the A6 S-Line TDI then!

Do you have shares in Shell...

Cheers Bill - 20ish MPG :unsure:.... :faint: Think it's the A6 S-Line TDI then!

Do you have shares in Shell...
:laugh: Official combined figure for the B6/B7 S4 was 21 I think so I'm well chuffed with 26. Fuel economy's not high on the list of priorities when looking at 4.2 V8s. :laugh:

£560 to replace brake discs and pads, seriously mate you could do it for alot cheaper than that!! you could get a full set of redstuff pads for less than £160.00

Any B7 S4 owners out there... Can you let me know what sort of figures i can get; MPG!

I've looked at a few on Autotrader and am thinking of one for a year or so, just wonder about the petrol though! Also are they expensive to keep on the road I.E. Servicing etc.

Cheers :eyebrows:

Lol, to be honest mate you dont buy a 4.2 V8 for fuel economy.

I would love one but at £1.20 a litre, top whack tax band and insurance group i dont think i will bother.

Get one pre 2006 and only pay £245 for tax??? I average about 23-24 mpg in my B6, so not so bad. I averaged about 25-26 mpg in my golf v6 4motion, so I am happy with the extra 140 BHP for the 2-4 mpg loss.

£560 to replace brake discs and pads, seriously mate you could do it for alot cheaper than that!! you could get a full set of redstuff pads for less than £160.00
The OEM pads only account for £146 of that figure. The discs are £168 for the fronts and £98 for the rears. The rest is labour.

And before you suggest it there's no way I'm fitting them myself. I wouldn't want to drive any car that I'd had a hand in maintaining. :ohmy:

Last edited:
Lol, to be honest mate you dont buy a 4.2 V8 for fuel economy.

I would love one but at £1.20 a litre, top whack tax band and insurance group i dont think i will bother.

I know mate - I wasn't looking for an S4 then my Wife sent me an advert for one, saying "Isn't this what you've always wanted!"

I had been thinking of an RS6...! Only for a year, just to say i'd had that dream motor... But then thought better of it!

Looks like it'll be a 3.0 S Line A6 Avant - We have a lil man, and a Dog will be coming soon, so it seems the better option :think: