S4 Exhaust Options

To be honest with these cars, once you're stage 2, exhaust gains aren't going to make massive differences, and then a custom vs miltek, you're entering similar threads of stock vs aftermarket air filters.

I had a miltek on my b7 and was good, but at that cost...the only thing that I was impressed with vs custom was the high flow sports cat.
If doing the exhaust this time, I'm just going for looks and a bit more noise over OEM, simple back box and tips will do that for me.

My two cents would be go custom and put the savings vs miltek towards stage 2 ;)

I agree, back box with custom tips and a bit more noise is where I am looking. I don't feel I need to chase a few hp with the S4 it goes well enough as it is, and there are better ways to achieve it methinks. Each to their own though :thumbs up:

Reactions: razza1
Any recommendations for custom in Northern Ireland?

You're still talking a lot of money :( I got a quote for £1500-1600 from gsportscars on RMS. You could go to powerflow or dee's in Newtownabbey but I personally wouldn't.

I have contemplated modifying the stock exhaust - reduce down to one cat, remove a silencer, change tail pipes but haven't given it a lot of thought tbh.

I saw somewhere may have been here, someone removed the resonator and fitted an x pipe. Sounded good.

You're still talking a lot of money :( I got a quote for £1500-1600 from gsportscars on RMS. You could go to powerflow or dee's in Newtownabbey but I personally wouldn't.

I have contemplated modifying the stock exhaust - reduce down to one cat, remove a silencer, change tail pipes but haven't given it a lot of thought tbh.
I went a few places here that quoted 500-600, very well respected exhaust company's.

No, it was not that one. I'll see if I can find it.

Why so expensive Boydie? Milltek is maybe a more sensible option then....