S4 exhaust on 1.8t?

ian52

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow
Reaction score
Anybody done this on a 1.8t quattro? I mean i know the front will be different but im sure from the mid section will fit if you got a custom front pipe made. All this is assuming that the s4 has a bigger dia exhaust and im sure it would do. Could make a cheap upgrade thats still nice and quiet.

Already doing it, picked up an S4 exhaust for £40(If it ever arrives) its 65mm twin in iirc, so i am gonna chop it shy of the y split and stick my CAT in there and run a 3 inch DP from turbo back

Great minds think alike. For how cheap you can get one its got to be worth a shot. It should just fit on the original hanging points too i would think.

it looks like it will from the pics i was able to get from Elsawin etc.

The main difference i can see is the bore is larger, and it splits into 2 sections at the front to mate to each bank seperatly. Fortunalty it comes out of the box in one pipe then splits into 2, so i aim to chop it at the Y

Sounds like a good idea. I think a Milltek S4 single 3" system with the Y piece removed and new downpipe in 3" would make a good system.

Thats the idea i had. Chop it at that point and just get a custom front part made. That should do the job fine for a turbo same as yours. Should be about standard s4 power then anyway.

I hope so Ian. I have started making the DP (Pics in my hybrid thread) If a std S4 exhaust can make 320 on a chipped S4, we should have no problems.

If i were able to afford it, I may have got one of those £200 S4 stainless Ebay jobbies and modded that first, but I have no way to weld that, so oem it is.

FWIW S4marsh has an exhaust for sale

milltek is a 70mm or 2.75" system.
I picked up mine second hand but am about to replace CAT and Dp with a 3" one.

Yeah, the Milltek A4 1.8 TQS system is 2.75" but the downpipe is only 2.5" for some reason. I was thinking of getting a 3" cat and downpipe going into the Milltek system.

The Milltek downpipe is 67mm as opposed to 70mm. negligible I would have thought. just had to replace the clamps on mine (stupid fecking things are not stainless and rust away like chocolate!)
Its a packaging issue as far as I can see, the smaller pipe fits into the larger one as you move backwarda along the system. I guess it saved them having to taper one or go with vbands.

where can you get an S4 exhaist for £50?

Why not just use the OE sleeve clamps? That way you dont lose any diameter at all, and when you come to remove it, it actaully comes apart easily!

where can you get an S4 exhaust for £50?

I scored mine from SRS, i am sure plenty of guys will be willing to make a few quid when they upgrade to stainless.

( In fact mine was £40, but i was also offered one for £60, so i averaged LOL)