S4 exhaust impressions after 800 miles

Chris S 1245

Reaction score
noticed it’s getting louder when shifting through the gears. However when revving at idle there seems to be a lack pops and bangs compared to other people’s on YouTube . Could this be due to the relatively low mileage ? As a family member has an S5 b9 and his sounds amazing at idle when you rev it lots of pops. However his is almost at 9 k miles now.

Cheers Chris

Not even a hint of pops and bangs on the RS4 either. I have 5k miles and sports exhaust.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I have now just ticked over to 10k it does pop and bang a little when Reving, but after a good spirited drive and the engine is hot in Sport it definitely makes more pops and bangs.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I have come from an rs3, the s4 feels like there’s a bung in the exhaust.
On a serious note the s4 pops on overrun where the rs3 did not it was on down change it left fueling on for a millisecond

Reactions: A12RNX
Bit of warble on the over run agreed. I quite like the noise it makes although it's hard to hear it when on the move. Not a patch on the PFL RS3 either which is a shame but Noise Regs to blame afaik.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Hopefully when some tuners crack the ECU they will be able to add extra pops and bangs, I can Imagine a decat would add some more without a full exhaust change to.

Personally for me the pops and bangs are too much so quite glad the S4 doesn’t.

I like the sound on the overrun but agree the exhaust could sound a bit deeper and still considering aftermarket options.

300 miles on mine now and I always have pops and bangs, not quite gun shot noises but they are there.

As mentioned when driven a bit hard when it’s hot it’s more burbley and popping when the revs are coming down as well as the up shift farts.

Put a tank of v power or momentum 99 in it . It pops then

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: samh1992
Personally for me the pops and bangs are too much so quite glad the S4 doesn’t.

I like the sound on the overrun but agree the exhaust could sound a bit deeper and still considering aftermarket options.

Expensive, but the Milltek systems make it a much deeper noise. The resonated system will be similar volume to stock but much deeper and the non-resonated is louder but still deeper. I like my non-res because it's not ASBO loud but gives it more character and you get some burbles and stuff on overrun. :)

Reactions: Riko0073
Expensive, but the Milltek systems make it a much deeper noise. The resonated system will be similar volume to stock but much deeper and the non-resonated is louder but still deeper. I like my non-res because it's not ASBO loud but gives it more character and you get some burbles and stuff on overrun. :)
How are the tips holding up Dan?

It’s well documented on here that the standard tips are prone to pitting/corroding, did you go for the titanium finish?

Reactions: Daggerit
How are the tips holding up Dan?

It’s well documented on here that the standard tips are prone to pitting/corroding, did you go for the titanium finish?

Yeah, I did the brushed titanium ones. Because they're bare metal (rather than chromed or coated) they're holding up perfectly. They need a good clean just to get some of the black bits off that a normal clean doesn't, but in terms of the finish they're as good as new.

Reactions: Riko0073
Dynamic mode and shift to Neutral and the pops and bangs happen for me, a lot. In P they don't.

Albeit an SQ5, but same engine etc

Never mind It’s now popping and banging at idle I just have to switch drive mode from effiency to Dynamic not leave it in Dynamic. Cycling through drive modes guys does the trick.

Reactions: Daggerit