S4 electric Recaro's + split fold rears into non electric and solid rear A4 possible?

Az

Hard slammed!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has done this before on here, I'm interested in sourcing a full S4 or RS4 interior, which is obviously full electric, and the rear seats from a saloon S4/RS4 are split folding, but my A4 has fixed rear seats.

So my obvious question is..... Is it all possible?

My current seats have the electric lumbar support but the rest is manual, so could I take the feed from that wire for the full electric in the front recaro's?

And with the rears, is it possible to fit the split folds if my car doesn't have the catches etc for the split folds to lock into?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Arron

Ive definitely seen an S4 heated interior in a standard B6 fully working. How it was done though Il never know and what he did with the rear seats i dont know either im afraid.

On a side note dude 6 hours and only 15 views- I know it can be frustrating at times but be patient before bumping :)

Yeah, true, I know I am definately inpatient, I want everything done yesterday, especially when it comes to cars! :)

Yeah I've also seen S4/RS4 interior in a 'normal' B6 such as a 1.9 TDi, that particular one was on pistonheads for sale quite a while back.

the front seats are plug an play just need to up the fuse for the electrics
the rears well thats a diff story to put the splits in a fixed back is hard work
lots off cutting welding finding parts etc
quick way is to use the leather from the new trim a good trimmer and put it on your fixed back
iv seen it done and looks good
also matt has done the rs4 splits into a fixed back
PM mattb1434; he will tell you how

Last edited:
Thanks for the info mate, appreciated. So the front seats are plug and play you say? I haven't got electric seats originally, so I'm assuming you mean the full electrics work off of the same multiplug that operates the electric lumbar support? And when you say up the fuse to cope, do you know what size to?

Thanks for the heads up on Matt doing the rear seats, I'll drop him a pm and pick his brains as long as he doesn't mind! :)

Cheers again,
Az

Do all B6 A4s have the electric lumbar support? or at least have the wiring for it already?

Do all B6 A4s have the electric lumbar support? or at least have the wiring for it already?

i may be wrong
but iv never seen a b6 without the leki lumbar and iv seen quite a few

on a slight tangent.. does anyone know if a split recaro rear bench will go into an avant?

Yes it will. My full RS4 interior came out of an avant and it's all in my saloon with no problems, they're all the same size.

great, thanks. Do you have an other half that you had to pitch it to before buying?

which possibly answers my question. I was wondering if you have a missus that you had to pitch the idea to before splashing out on what I assume was an expensive upgrade? QuattroJames and I usually come up with various pitches to our wives. For the seats James' idea was "S4 seats would hold you and the boys in better, in the event of a collision they would be safer, and quite frankly you've been risking your life and that of the boys in your existing death trap seats for far too long now. Too much? How about: heated leather will rocket the resale value, "I'm just trying to invest for our future dear". "
I was going to approach from the "warm **** in -35 degrees" angle. Or there's old faithful.... explain it when it arrives :)

Ahhh I see! Lol. Well, there was a slight argument about the interior shall we say! The wife doesn't really buy anything I tell her anymore when it comes to buying things for my car, she gave up on that a long time ago! But she did come round because I gave her £500 to book up a load of driving lessons with, so it was more of a bribe I think, ha! I was planning on spending that £500 on an rs4 steering wheel as well, I did tell her that just so she knew what a big gesture I just did for her, lol.

But joking aside the mrs is very good and patient with me when it comes to my cars, she generally has a little moan, calls me a nightmare, then let's me get on with it and doesn't mention it again. 99% of the time though I could change anything on my car and she wouldn't notice at all unless I told her, only downside now is that we've had a joint bank account for the last year so she can see exactly what I'm spending, that's pretty much the only reason why I have to consult her first.

:) ah yes, the joint account will do that mate. Maybe I've had the joint acc for too long and that's the problem? My missus is generally pretty good too but with an upcoming house purchase it's hard to know just how well she'll take it. Recaros or new sofa for the new house??.. erm... i'm fine with the old sofa thanks :)
I'll report back on how things go..

Just buy the recaro's and put them in your lounge to sit on! Everyones a winner! Lol :)