S4 Door trim fitting !!

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Right basically im preping/painting my s4 door trims as we speak as i picked a complete set up with skirts from a guy over on SRS for £112 posted my question is what did you guys do when the little nut at the end of each trim has corroded like the rest and no longer there any tips or guides or what did you guys do ???? Also how did you mount the skirts ?? OEM brackets ?? Make shift brackets ?? Or something else . . . i want to know

Are they easy to fit as going to have a crack at it ive got 5 meters of 2 inch(w) super velcro will this do the trick ??

Il shut up infact just post how you did yours lol

Last edited:
For the life of me I don't know why Audi never used stainless steel screws? To remove the existing trims if the philips screw has corroded, then drill the head off. Do it with a sharp oversized drill bit on a slow speed, lightly oiled for lubrication.. All you're doing is removing the head - as the existing door strips are going straight in the bin. To remove the strips (if you're facing the door) pull them towards the rear of the car - not off towards you. They might be a little stiff if original. Might be worth getting some spare clips for the door from Audi. The original ones are prone to breaking with age (they get brittle over time). Good opportunity to clean and wax the door prior to fitting the new door strips. Slide the new painted door strips on. If possible - fit a stainless steel grub screw to secure.

I can get the old ones off im just wandering how you fit the new s4 backing trims that have lost there captive nut will the rest of the clips keep them flush or is best to plastic weld a sutible bolt inplace ans nut and washer from the inside ???

I think i saw something re this before, sure it was an american so maybe AZ etc, will try have a dig around for you to see if i remember where i saw it, unfortunately i cant help as mine were fitted without the door sections.

Make sure all the clips are there and they're not broken. Renew any that look brittle. You can use a little grease on the rail of door trim before putting it back on to aid fitting. It will sit flush, but you do need the grub screw to hold in place.