S4 DETAILS

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Have come across a red 03 S4 Avant on Trader and it has 2 slight differences, and was wondering if anyone out there can shed some light on them?

1. It has body coloured mirror housings? Was this a no cost option when new (as opposed to the chrome ones more commonly seen).

2. The S4 badge on the boot is located on the right hand side, whereas they're usually on the left?

Am waiting to speak to the dealer selling it to enquire, but thought I might check here as well...?

It's only done 13k miles, and is up for £21.5k...

Thanks

s4 badge should be on the left so its most likely the boot has been painted and the badge incorrectly refitted. mirrors are probably the choice of whoever bought it new.

I'm pretty sure all B6 S4's came with alloy mirrors. I've never seen one without them. I know they were a cost option on S3's and B5 S4's.

I've seen that car too and there's something not quite 'right' about it. Why is the badge on the right?!!!

IIRC the drivers door handle cover was missing too...........................

as far as i know the option for colour mirrors was not available on the
for the b6 s4
sounds a little dodgy to me
could be a reshell of a damaged s4 which hasnt been recorded

Spoke to the man.

Apparently the mirror housings were a cost option when new. I haven't checked this for myself, but they said they did when they purchased it, and checked with Audi. Will make a call later today to see.

Re the badge on the boot - he reckons it was simply the guy doing the PDI when new, put it on the wrong side. Simple as that. He also thought it was wrong...

Haven't noticed the door handle cover, but am going to have a look on Saturday.

It's pretty well loaded, with only the satnav not included. For that price and with those miles...maybe... Just got to convince myself the colour's fine!

could it be someone simply de badged it?

same with mirrors? i know my pals dad used to disguise his s4 with a tdi badge, just for the fun aspects!

Hmmm be careful, I worked for an insurance company and you would be supprised how many times a body shop didn't put badges on the rear correctly after a rear end bump.

Hope it works out for you.
Ian

stoakseya4 said:
Spoke to the man.

Apparently the mirror housings were a cost option when new. I haven't checked this for myself, but they said they did when they purchased it, and checked with Audi. Will make a call later today to see.

Re the badge on the boot - he reckons it was simply the guy doing the PDI when new, put it on the wrong side. Simple as that. He also thought it was wrong...

Haven't noticed the door handle cover, but am going to have a look on Saturday.

It's pretty well loaded, with only the satnav not included. For that price and with those miles...maybe... Just got to convince myself the colour's fine!

Niknak said:
Hmmm be careful, I worked for an insurance company and you would be supprised how many times a body shop didn't put badges on the rear correctly after a rear end bump.

Hope it works out for you.
Ian

I know exactly where you're coming from! :ninja:

I'd be VERY wary of this car TBH. Badges on the wrong side at PDI!!! :blahblah1: jackinory!!! The badges are fitted in Bavaria not Battersea!!!

BUB :no:

I'll second that, I served my time with Jag and then went to Audi for a bit and I can tell you the badges are factory fitted.

I'm pretty sure the mirror caps were alu as std too.

I actually went to luck at a S4 once and someone had painted over the alu!!! Strange!!!

There could be a perfectly good reason for the alterations though.

The previous chaps idea of a HPI is essential although by law, I think the garage had to have done one when they aquired the car and informed you of any issues.

Hope it's ok. It'd be good for someone to check it over for you.

Good luck buddy!