S4 custom tune with box

Rogier140

Reaction score
Hi, I did a custom tune with the use of a Powerbox.
These are the results :yahoo:

20tfbkz.jpg

Reactions: Kondax and And1
Interesting:
* Whose Powerbox
* Not all dynotuners are the same, so unless 2 vehicles are on the same dyno as close as possible in time, one can't really compare apples with apples.
In saying that, the DTUK tunebox, according to their website, comes in at 410PS & 627nm.
https://www.diesel-performance.co.u...-onwards/s4-quattro-354ps260kw-2995-ccm-2/#go
* There is BHP & PS, so what is "PK'?
* The sheet suggests whp @ 376 (at the wheels). Old school thumb was 'hp x .75'. Google now adopts .80 of hp for auto trans & .85 of hp for manual trans. This appears reasonable with manufacturers pushing for greater thermal efficiency from not only the engine, but the entire drive-train.
So, 419ps = 413hp x .8 = 330.5 whp, or 'atw'.
The sheet adopts a .90 factor, so only a 10% power loss to the wheels???

Trivia: not sure why PS (98.6% of BHP) is used as was actually replaced by kW as the EU's 'legal' measurement of engine power in 1992.

Last edited:
PK = Horsepower
I have a DTUK box also, and i haven't seen the same dyno results from actual users that come near 410.
I have seen 389 tho ….
Difference with DTUK is very noticeble. A also haven t got any jerkyness from the gearbox like most users have.
Are you in the DTUK appp group ?

Not more to say than the above...
I have a s4 b9 with downpipe filter and ic.
Custom tune done with a powerbox that tuner can customize

PK = Horsepower
I have a DTUK box also, and i haven't seen the same dyno results from actual users that come near 410.
I have seen 389 tho ….
Difference with DTUK is very noticeble. A also haven t got any jerkyness from the gearbox like most users have.
Are you in the DTUK appp group ?
I see from Google PK is actully metric HP, which is PS.
Are you saying you have a Powerbox and a DTUK tunebox? Both connected?
I didn't have jerkyness in the auto, but found the DTUK trans tune made the changes much smoother and severely reduced hunting between gears.
No, do not have the APP.

Still have extreme difficulty understanding your whp @90%!!!

Not more to say than the above...
I have a s4 b9 with downpipe filter and ic.
Custom tune done with a powerbox that tuner can customize
Do you mean the racechip tuning box? It's not like you are sharing much information...

Do you mean the racechip tuning box? It's not like you are sharing much information...

Its a speedbuster powerbox. The tuner uses usb port inside the speedbusterbox to connect and to customize the map.
Not more to it.