S4 Climate Control

Tiddy

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong trying to get cold air from the climate control (4 week old S4)?
I can't get anything other than slightly cool air to blow and it's 27 degrees out there! I haven't got it set to Econ. Am I being a bit dense or is that the best I can expect? My previous BMW gave you goose bumps in a matter of seconds.

Thanks.

Mmmmm sounds like something is wrong. Mines an A4 SE. I have just had the air con serviced and its ice cccccold. Whats it like on the constant LO setting? I have mine permanently on 64 Deg C in this weather - just comfortable.

Econ won't make any difference. Your A/C is not working properly.

Lo should be ice cold and you can control the volume manually (although it keeps over-riding you). However, if you then go back to 18c, it can take a long time before the air is cold again.

The logic of Audi climate control is poor compared with Merc and BMW. Not being able to select a temperature less than 18c and fully control air flow manually are a real pain. The old S4 was just as bad.

[ QUOTE ]
AndrewRichmond said:
Not being able to select a temperature less than 18c

[/ QUOTE ] Agreed - thought I was the only one who finds this a bit warm ...

Thanks for replying guys.
I've had it set on LO and it blows warm air!
Sounds like I have a technical problem - it's now booked in. At least it should be resolvable - I was concerned that the system was just no good.

Only thing is they can't look at it until next week. I nearly melted in the car yesterday!

[ QUOTE ]
AndrewRichmond said:
Lo should be ice cold and you can control the volume manually (although it keeps over-riding you).

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine stays where I set it. You could have a fault?

Agreed. Mine stays where I put it (on the rare occasion I override auto)

I can't remember whether it overrides the volume of air in lo but it sure does at specific temperatures if I adjust manually. May have a fault.

On two other matters, the first setting on the DIS sometimes resets itself if you stall the car (its not meant to reset for two hours) and the fuel gauge has twice forgotten to go round the dial after a refill...but I guess these things would'nt happen at the workshop! Dont' you just sometimes want to warm boot a car and restart????????????

[ QUOTE ]
ImolaS4 said:
Econ won't make any difference. Your A/C is not working properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. In the B6 ECON=A/C on/off. If you have the ECON light ON in your button, then that is why you are not getting cold air. You effectively have turned off the use of A/C. Make sure your ECON light is OFF and try again. If it still doesn't get cold then you probably have an issue.

Thanks D S

The Econ button is definately off! You are right - on checking the handbook (and double checking!)I realise Econ mode will not chill the air.Whatever I set it to though, ie on Auto with the temp on Lo it is still blowing warm air in and in fact it's considerably warmer than the outside temperature.

I'm passing the dealership today so I will call in just to make sure I'm not being a complete idiot but I'm convinced there's a fault.

Thanks for your replies. Enjoy your cool air!

Hey don't rub it in!
Called into the dealers this morning and there is an electrical fault so should be sorted next week. No doubt that will be the last we see of the sunshine.....

Took it in to the dealers this morning and they couldn't fix it!
I have had to book it back in and they want it for two days so they can strip the whole system down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif