S4 Cab on 19s

***DK***

Reaction score
Thinking about changing my stock 18s for some 19s.
Does anyone have photos of their s4 cab on 19s?
Do you think you have to lower on 19s otherwise the ride will sit too high? Or not much difference?

Looks great, so without coilovers, I imagine the ride height would be high! What's a good offset for cabs?

Im on 20's on my B6 Cab. Yes the ride height is a little higher being on stock suspension for now. Slamming it a bit on H&R springs or similar should sort it right out but to be honest, being on 20's it doesnt look bad at all as the wheels are big.

35 ET allllll day. Looks so good. I'll get a pic of my set up if you like.

Thanks, would be good to see a photo of the ride height.
Just read the post where you discussed your wheels and tyre setup (235/30/20 - 8inch - 35 offset)?

No Probs.

I'll upload some photos and more info as soon as i get to my computer tonight.

Going up in wheel rim size, say from 18" to 19" and reducing tyre profile to compensate rolling radius, doesn't make the car higher, it's just an illusion. You'll need to fit lower springs, even 2" will compensate. Another downside is you'll have an even harder ride if you have sports suspension.

Here you go Darren..
IMG 0227

Going up in wheel rim size, say from 18" to 19" and reducing tyre profile to compensate rolling radius, doesn't make the car higher, it's just an illusion. You'll need to fit lower springs, even 2" will compensate. Another downside is you'll have an even harder ride if you have sports suspension.

This is true but my car feels higher as the tyre is a lot smaller in terms of thickness and already feels like the suspension has stiffened up a bit as a result of the 'more alloy less tyre' wheel.

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm lowered on 19" and have been unable to get me tracking sorted 100% as they cannot get the laser alignment kit hung on the wheels are it's too low (only -30mm springs, ET35, 235/35/19).

How have you guys all managed with tracking? Where did you get it done and did you have any problems?

Thanks for the photos! looks great! Now just to find the right wheels for me... 20s are expensive! Gonna have to keep an eye on ebay for a while. Expect i can get some back from selling my original 18s.

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm lowered on 19" and have been unable to get me tracking sorted 100% as they cannot get the laser alignment kit hung on the wheels are it's too low (only -30mm springs, ET35, 235/35/19).

How have you guys all managed with tracking? Where did you get it done and did you have any problems?

Hi jjmurphy21187,
I must admit, ive had mine tracked at the tyres and brakes place near mine (which are very good) but not to laser alignment. Didnt really think about tracking issues if getting my car lowered. A 30mm drop isnt even that much..

I would just go with the best alternative to laser tracking perhaps?!

Thanks for the photos! looks great! Now just to find the right wheels for me... 20s are expensive! Gonna have to keep an eye on ebay for a while. Expect i can get some back from selling my original 18s.

No probs mate. Thanks! They weren't that much you know! £550 for all 4! excluding tyres.

Yes, Ebay will always have decent deals on etc. You'll get a few bob back from your OEM 18's too

My wheels cost me £160 :)

eBay is amazing ha

Reactions: DrStrange