1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S4 bumper radar grills

El_Me Sep 17, 2020

1. El_Me

El_Me A4 Avant /B9/ - 2.0 TDI

I'm looking to upgrade front bumper radar grills which look plain and out of place on 2016-2018 s-line in my opinion.
    Problem is I can find all sorts of grills but not the one I'm looking for so I need your help.
    Part number is very welcome. :)

I got these on my s-line:
    [​IMG]

And I want these. I saw them on S4, and some random 2019 A4:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

They should be compatible by the looks of it...

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

I think you might need the same bumber as they look deeper to me.

4. El_Me

I can find those for non S-line version.
    And they say in the title "for an S4", and in the description: fits A4 2017-2018 non S line.

This fella got them on his 2017 A4 in the US:
    [​IMG]

And looking deeper in his thread I found it here. Under fitment it says A4 and S4.
    I would take them black or chrome, don't care. Now let's find them cheaper and Europe friendly.

5. MOA4B9

MOA4B9 Registered User

I saw them on Aliexpress. I cannot post a link as I was using the app but 4 sellers had them. Cheapest for £72. I was looking at getting them before but they only seem to sell them in the matt black plastic rather than gloss so I went with the ones that have radars in them as they were all gloss. They do sell the non s-line in gloss though. I was considering spraying them with gloss varnish. Make sure they are for the S-line bumper as majority of them are for non S-line.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  6. El_Me

How is the quality of grilles from aliexpress?

7. MOA4B9

MOA4B9 Registered User

The ones I got were as good as original. Fit was good as well.

8. El_Me

Last question... how much of the bumper do I have to take apart to get to them?

9. MOA4B9

MOA4B9 Registered User

You don't needs to take the bumper off. However they are not the easiest to remove. I used soft plastic trim removal tools. Start from the end closest to middle of bumper and then top and bottom. It's good to have 2 or 3 of the tools so that if you undo one clip you can leave that tool there and carry on with a second in a different place.

10. El_Me

I got a few of those toos.
    Sounds to me like you attacked it from the front and I thought removing a wheel arch will get me there easier.

Is it too much to ask for a close up picture, preferably of both, so I can decide between OEM and Aliexpress? :redface new:

11. MOA4B9

MOA4B9 Registered User

It would be easier to unclip from the inside but first you have to get inside which takes some work. I try to get a picture taken. The quality is what I would have expected from audi original. Mine are made from the gloss plastic like the made RS grille.