S4 bumper on 1.8T Avant (My project so far...)

timmayaudi

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was thinking about fitting an S4 front bumper to my 2000 (W) Audi A4 1.8T avant. I had been looking for some time for a S4 bumper and finally found one on ebay. After paying out and having it sprayed I ran into a problem. The bumper came with the S4 end fitting kit which swapped over absolutely fine for the original items.

When we came to tightening up the main bolts that hold the bumper on it wasn't happening and the bumper kept slipping down. We tried longer bolts, modifying parts and it still slipped down!

After coming on here Siena advised me to purchase the S4 bumper shocks for the year of the bumper (Thanks for advice Siena!!). After swapping those over the bumper fitted straight on.

Whilst I was having that done I also rubbed down my Audi ring and grille surround and had those painted satin black. I'm really happy with the end result and think it looks much more aggressive than the original.

The bumper also has the Seat Cupra lip which looks great but has taken the height of the front quite low so I may have to raise up the coil overs slightly.

JB Autos(Longwell Green) near Bristol did the painting/fitting and I have to say did a great job, really impressed!!

I know I have to change the wheels and that is next on my list :yes: The car also has a Revo remap so goes pretty well too! I've attached some pics below.

RED140audi10-1.jpg

RED140audi08-1.jpg

RED140audi03.jpg

RED140audi09.jpg

RED140audi12.jpg

RED140audi05.jpg

RED140audi04.jpg

Original A4 1.8T bumper shocks needed replacing!! For S4 ones below, also S4 bolts were ordered

RED140audi02.jpg

Satin black rings and surround fitted

RED140audi11.jpg

RED140audi.jpg

RED140audi07.jpg

RED140audi13.jpg

RED140audi14-1.jpg

I've also de bagged the back which I had polished up to remove the marks left by the badges. Hope you guys like the car so far

Cheers
Tim

Very nice the front looks very low now. Nice work. What do you have planned next as one mod always leads to another :)

Defo wheels is the next step, need to get those original ones off of it..and quick! I want to stay with the black theme so I reckon some black 18/19s?!

Then it will be some tuning, front mount, exhaust, cat, turbo etc... I ideally want around 300bhp..

you need some joeymoded headlamps to finish off the front

www.lr90.org/Audi/lights

And the roof rails need to be black too!

Car looks awesome, i really fancy a black avant like that, but finding a black avant quattro 1.8T is neigh on impossible.

Black roof rails are on my list, (the very long list) I'll update it on here when I do the next step.

The cars also been tinted and I also have HID lights fitted (really good upgrade!) need to convert all the other bulbs to the 'bright white' bulbs now to match

Looks good but I would keep the roof rails the way they are and add S4 Side skirts and 18" wheels in black with a polish lip just to break it up a little oh and a S4 rear bumper you could even do the RS4 grill mod which would look quite sweet.

thats looks spot on. is the S4 bumper deeper than a stock bumper? it really seems to have dragged the front end down.

have to say im a little suprised that it doesnt actually look too bad dropped on the stock 16's

I am thinking of swapping the roof rails for black ones, really need to see if it needs it after the wheels are replaced with black ones, I defo need to get that done soon...

I think the S4 bumper is slightly deeper and then a bit more with the lip added. Hopefully the bigger wheels will lift the front a bit as I can see it getting caught If I'm not careful..