S4 brakes good to go..

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
Right then, my (B6) S4 Calipers/brakes are ready to be fitted but the question is...

...How to fit them myself??
I have all the tools etc but when it comes to bleeding the system - thats where ill have problems. The last time I blead some brakes was on my Nova back in '95 to abit of DJ SS pumping out my 'homemade' Pine sub....(ahem) :ermm:

So who's done it and hows it done?? Please do share

:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Its basically exactly the same as your old nova, You can either do the whole pedal pumping/opening-closing of the nipple procedure, or use a pressurised bleeding kit like an eezibleed.

Nothing special needed other than that. If you do use an eezibleed, dont exceed the 10psi it recommends. I did that on ours and blew the master cylinder reservoir apart!

Just make sure you put the calipers on the correct side. Bleed nipples at the top!

I need to do this when my shoulder is fixed.

So i would also appreciate someone sharing:thumbsup:

Edit: I was a bit slow in the reply. Thanks for the above guys.

yeah juss, plus if you dont have an eezibleed system you can use my foot, it makes for a good pumping device!!

if you go with the pumping method, go gently.

Ramming the pedal into the floor can damage the seals in the master cylinder.

if you go with the pumping method, go gently.

Ramming the pedal into the floor can damage the seals in the master cylinder.

Yeah I read that someone put a piece of wood under the pedal to stop it from going right to the floor.
Im wondering whether ill have the patients to do it now...:think:...or ill forget to do the simplest thing!
Might get my Mechanic on the job

Im wondering whether ill have the patients to do it now..

I would do it yourself rather than let some ill people do it ..... :tumble:

Seriously, it really is a straight forward job. Once you get into it you will be fine I'm sure.

Great resource!...

Thought I'd draw attention to this from the brake bleeding section...

"[FONT=arial, geneva]A VAG-COM IS NEEDED FOR VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH ESP"[/FONT]

So maybe someone could shed some light on why exactly you need a vag-com for bleeding your brakes if you have ESP?

:think:hmmm, I might give it a blast then...
Certain things im ok with but once I slip off the concentration bench, theres no going back for me..:wacko:ill be all over the place, smacking what ever I can reach!!

:think:hmmm, I might give it a blast then...
Certain things im ok with but once I slip off the concentration bench, theres no going back for me..:wacko:ill be all over the place, smacking what ever I can reach!!

You sound like me. No patience ;-)

Best tool in my tool box is a........................

mario_hammer_sm.jpg

FBLOL