S4 Brake warning and speedo failure HELP!

Rennywuk

Reaction score
I've scoured the forums and not found an answer to my specific problem.

My brake warning light came on (not ABS or pads warning). I was a couple of minutes from home and so when I got home turned the ignition off and back on and it disappeared.

I then drove from work yesterday and it came on and stayed on. This is the small red circled handbrake light that flashes and a large warning light flashing in the middle of the DIS with the word brake underneath. additionally the speedo does not move from 0.

My mechanic is looking at the car today but pads are less than a year and 2000 miles old. fluid level is also fine.

I have also noticed the roof doesn't always let me open or close it. It's as if the car doesn't think it is in park.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Yep same problem. I have an eBay abs module coming hopefully it will do the trick.

Thank you

The eBay version seems to have done the trick with some recoding. I still have a problem where abs light doesn't come on (then off) when ignition turned on.

Apparently this is an mot fail. My mechanic thinks someone's been tinkering with the cluster as esp is also not working - no response when the button's pressed.