S4 B9 Rear Washer

Thundercliffe81

Reaction score
Hey up. Been a while since I was on.

My rear washer has seized up. I thought it might just be covered by sap or something but used a pin and no change. A literal 'drop' appears on the head of the washer if I push the stalk but fronts work fine and levels are good. Going to take cover off and have a look.

Anybody else had the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t say I’ve had any issues to be honest. It’s been a fair while since I’ve used it in all fairness though. If it’s still in warranty it would be better just taking it in in case a pipe has popped off somewhere and it’s emptying screen wash into the body of the car somewhere...

Also, the rear wash pump is higher on the tank than the front and headlights in my experience so no warning comes up but it can stop working. But if you’ve topped the fluid all the way up I’d maybe just fire it in to Audi.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Can’t say I’ve had any issues to be honest. It’s been a fair while since I’ve used it in all fairness though. If it’s still in warranty it would be better just taking it in in case a pipe has popped off somewhere and it’s emptying screen wash into the body of the car somewhere...

Also, the rear wash pump is higher on the tank than the front and headlights in my experience so no warning comes up but it can stop working. But if you’ve topped the fluid all the way up I’d maybe just fire it in to Audi.

Hey bud. Long time...you well? Car is looking great btw. I've kept an eye on the threads.

Yeah you're right. If it's still in warranty, no sense giving them an excuse to complain.

Just annoying as if it's minor, I'd like to fix.

Reactions: Daggerit
Hey bud. Long time...you well? Car is looking great btw. I've kept an eye on the threads.

Yeah you're right. If it's still in warranty, no sense giving them an excuse to complain.

Just annoying as if it's minor, I'd like to fix.

Yeah, doing good thanks! Just looking to get an RS grill and I think that’s me done for modifying for the time being. Haha.

I know what you mean, my only worry with something like that is it would need trim removed and all sorts. While I’m sure we could do it I’d imagine you’re in the same line of thinking as me that if you’re having to do that you might as well let Audi do it. Just in case a clip breaks or it causes rattles or something. Haha

Yeah, doing good thanks! Just looking to get an RS grill and I think that’s me done for modifying for the time being. Haha.

I know what you mean, my only worry with something like that is it would need trim removed and all sorts. While I’m sure we could do it I’d imagine you’re in the same line of thinking as me that if you’re having to do that you might as well let Audi do it. Just in case a clip breaks or it causes rattles or something. Haha

You're very right my good man.

Thought you said RS4 there! Haha. These cars are too computer dependent. What I originally meant to say was...

...Balls! Now I have to plug the valves back up and clear the faults just to get my rear washer checked!

You're very right my good man.

Thought you said RS4 there! Haha. These cars are too computer dependent. What I originally meant to say was...

...Balls! Now I have to plug the valves back up and clear the faults just to get my rear washer checked!

Haha, I know what you mean. I have to remove the DTUK box and then reinstall if mine ever goes into Audi. A pain but saves issues with warranty I guess!

I had this on my A3. There is a thread (not mine) about it on the A3 board being a common problem on there, so not sure if it is maybe a similar issue?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Daggerit
I had this on my A3. There is a thread (not mine) about it on the A3 board being a common problem on there, so not sure if it is maybe a similar issue?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Good to know. Much appreciated

Reactions: Daggerit