S4 B9 Popular Mods

Skatman

Reaction score
Hi All,

Waiting on delivery of my new S4 Avant, but in the meantime I'm just perusing what's available in terms of mods. Prior to my boring commutermobile Merc C220D, I had a VW Scirocco with a fair bit done to it. I understand that the B9 is fairly new, so there isn't a great deal around for it at the moment, but I'm still looking and planning what I can do after 1 year, 2 years, etc.

For now, I'm looking at what's going to make the biggest difference to some of the negatives the reviews have highlighted, chiefly driver involvement, that don't void the warranty.

What I'm looking at are these:
Just interested to hear peoples opinions on steering feel/feedback as it's also something that I've heard lacks with the B9. I'm not convinced there's going to be much that can be done here; given that the stearing is now electric.

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts.

Best,

Skat

First thing going on mine will be 18" wheels with 245/40 Continental Winter Contact tyres for the season. Quattro with proper boots will be formidable in any nasty weather that might hit us. Only ground clearance issues would keep you off the worst of the roads.

First thing going on mine will be 18" wheels with 245/40 Continental Winter Contact tyres for the season. Quattro with proper boots will be formidable in any nasty weather that might hit us. Only ground clearance issues would keep you off the worst of the roads.

That's a good shout. Are the breaks compatible with 18"s?

Yes, some 18” wheels clear the brake calipers. Audi UK don’t show any 18” wheel options for the S4 but audi.de do.

There are a couple of knowledgeable used wheel sellers on Ebay I am in dialogue with and I am also waiting for quotes from two UK Audi dealers for new ones.

See my other posts for more about my interest in winter tyres.

Reactions: Skatman
Just go for a DTUK tuning box. As long as you remove it before it goes to the dealer they *should* be non the wiser so no need to wait until the car is older. An exhaust upgrade would be a good mod too.

Yes, some 18” wheels clear the brake calipers. Audi UK don’t show any 18” wheel options for the S4 but audi.de do.

There are a couple of knowledgeable used wheel sellers on Ebay I am in dialogue with and I am also waiting for quotes from two UK Audi dealers for new ones.

See my other posts for more about my interest in winter tyres.

Will do, cheers. They're a massively under-utilised asset in the UK. I must profess to having never used them myself; but I've always wanted to.

Just go for a DTUK tuning box. As long as you remove it before it goes to the dealer they *should* be non the wiser so no need to wait until the car is older. An exhaust upgrade would be a good mod too.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking but around the 2 year point. I'll probably wait and see how I'm feeling after 12-18 months and then make the move. It's just such an expensive car that I don't want to do anything to damage it. I had my VW Scirocco remapped and never had any issues so I doubt there will be.

Exhaust-wise, are there any on the market that you'd recommend? I'd probably look at an Akrapovic, but they are expensive and they're not showing anything on their website for the B9 S4 yet. Plus, I'd want any exhaust to be compatible with the drive-select feature.

I know the Eventuri intake will be under development in the next month or two but it'll likely be something like £1500... Other than that for a full intake system I don't really know I'm afraid, but I have a K&N RD-6010 filter in place of the standard paper job in the OEM housing and it gives a little more sound while retaining the heat soak protection. :)

Reactions: Skatman