S4 B9 New Pads

JG220

Reaction score
Where shall I get pads done, the light has just come on. don’t know if it’s fronts or rears but guess it’s probably fronts. Given the annoyance of having to take the car i might get both done. 36k miles from a set isn’t bad.

Main dealer is about £1,000 for a full set fitted.

I’d be interested in good dealer feedback too in the south east.

I'm having mine remapped, I'm getting them to also change the pads and spark plugs. My light came on at 41k miles and it's the rears that have gone.

I'm changing them all over now as I'll inevitably need to change the fronts in the future but I probably won't have the car long enough to change them all again. Saves me from going twice.

Also don't forget, plugs are due to be changed at 40k.

Is nobody changing their own pads ?
I mean - it’s an hours work if you’ve got some fairly basic tools !

I haven’t looked at the aftermarket options yet but I’m hoping to find something less dusty and perhaps less fade prone .... I fine the standard Audi pads to have good initial bite but not much thereafter... apart from dust !!!

Reactions: SiPie
I'm having mine remapped, I'm getting them to also change the pads and spark plugs. My light came on at 41k miles and it's the rears that have gone.

I'm changing them all over now as I'll inevitably need to change the fronts in the future but I probably won't have the car long enough to change them all again. Saves me from going twice.

Also don't forget, plugs are due to be changed at 40k.

Interesting that your rears have worn quicker, Mine did on my S5 and was puzzled...I thought I could hear the rears rubbing all the time at low speed, but I traded it in before replacing them lol!

Reactions: Kondax
Interesting that your rears have worn quicker, Mine did on my S5 and was puzzled...I thought I could hear the rears rubbing all the time at low speed, but I traded it in before replacing them lol!
I guess with the pads being smaller and me cornering hard it could happen. I try to make the most of the car haha.

Mine isn't an S4 but it was the rears I had replaced at 44K. They had worn about 2mm more than the fronts to cause the light to come on. A pain that the system doesn't seem to know which pads are low which would be useful.

£1,000 :wtf:

Am I missing something...……. as Euro Car Parts list Brembo fronts around £68 and Brembo backs at £77 and that's before their normal discount

I just assumed that the op had been quoted for disks and pads but you never know ......

Audi suggested to me that an S4 spark plug change was Going to be £440! I was hurting from laughing so much !!!

Like I said disks & pads -an hours job with a few basic tools !

Reactions: SiPie