S4 B8 remap options

sp218

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm fairly new here, joined after my recent purchase of an S-tronic S4 B8. I have been seeing a number of remap options from various websites and I thought I would start a thread discussing pros and cons and people's opinions and experiences with them. This is also my first Audi and have not done any mods, so I am a newbie and apologies to those who may think this info is rather trivial.

So what are your experiences? Which one should I go for?

The following list shows the headline figures of remap options that I came across:

Stock:
333 hp 440 NM

ABT
435 hp 520 NM
£3,700 + fittings
Available for both manual and S-tronic

MTM
430 hp 515 NM
£1,800
Only for manual?

APR
Stage 1 362 hp 468 NM
$1,349
Stage 2 stock+108 hp stock+108 NM (measured at wheel)
$494.10 in addition to Stage 1
However, it doesn't appear to be available in the UK yet

Stasis
410 hp 502 NM
$1,495 (price for remap only, which is available in the UK but not sure the UK price)

Anything else out there?

Also have a B8 S4 Avant and would be very interested in people's opinions and options. Always gone the Revo route with other cars, but doesn't seem to be available for the S4?? can the s-tronic box cope with the extra power?

think you have found them all, REVO and MRC are 'working' on one, AFAIK there is still and issue with ECU encryption, they can do the maps but not put them back in the ECU, though APR and maybe stasis have figured this out. but i understand you may need to remove you ECU and ship it to the US...

the MTM and i understand ABT use a piggyback design, this "confuses" or sends false signals to the ECU to increase fuel delivery and a small amount of boost.

I have been asking for about a year for a remap and everyone else is about 2 weeks away from having it cracked.. I am still waiting to get mine done, I like the idea of a piggyback as i can remove it when i need to (warranty work, service etc..) but am a little concerned about the safety of this approach. I had a 'flash' remapped S3 before and this is nice, but unmapping is a pain, especially if the car is still under warranty.

i am waiting for guys like REVO/GIAC/MRC to crack this and offer a traditional ECU flash remap, which i hope will drive the current prices down, as to me this should be costing no more than £800. once this is the case i will then re-evaluate if i want a piggyback or ECU flash.

BTW, MTM will do stronic

Thanks, mnoble.

I agree with you on having the option to remove it in case Audi tries to void the warranty even if it isn't related to the remap. Bluefin would be ideal... Btw, how unsafe is piggyback anyway? MTM and ABT seem to be fairly reputable.

I guess price is also an issue. Maybe the best thing is to wait until there are more competition.

i only hear that it's unsafe, or there are concerns from the traditional flash ECU tuning houses

but reassuring to hear that 'just plain old' is having a good experience

so I have my car booked for a sportec 'black box' fitting on Friday, will let you know my thoughts after the weekend, and my planned 700mile roadtrip......

Have Sportec got a good reputation? I'm more familiar with Revo, AMD, MTM, etc.

I'm impressed by the fact that Revo have actually gone out and bought their own S4 and are physically testing their product before fitting it to customers cars! Too many tuners seem to just 'load em on' and hope for the best!!

Just Plain Old - what is the power delivery like? Is the Milltek exhaust Ok for everyday driving? Would you recommend it for a lot of motorway miles?

D.

Hi Dans,

I think Sportek have a good rep, they offer a gaurantee if their product buggers up your car..!! Speak to Ed at APS, he can tell you the finer details......

Power delivery is 'responsive', it really is a totally different car,, but the Milltek exhaust will get you 'noticed' around town..........

so made a 700 mile round trip this w/e after getting the sportec upgrade from APS, first impression was there was not much difference, however, after about 100 mile A and B road twisties and 600 on the mway. there is a massive difference, when ADS is in dynamic mode, the car is on fire...... much more pick up from lower rev ranges, feels much more punchy, and with the s-tronic gear box you get a real kick and cough as it lurches forward. In gear pick up is great as well, also slightly better fuel economy when drive steady.

all in all, the car never missed a beat, and it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Any thoughts on how much power you expect to be pushing out now?

so made a 700 mile round trip this w/e after getting the sportec upgrade from APS, first impression was there was not much difference, however, after about 100 mile A and B road twisties and 600 on the mway. there is a massive difference, when ADS is in dynamic mode, the car is on fire...... much more pick up from lower rev ranges, feels much more punchy, and with the s-tronic gear box you get a real kick and cough as it lurches forward. In gear pick up is great as well, also slightly better fuel economy when drive steady.

all in all, the car never missed a beat, and it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Glad you're liking it..!! :)

Anyone tried APR? I have mine tuned by Stasis, would like to compare with APR. APR claimed to have 362 AWHP (Oct 93), Stasis claimed to have 410HP (crank, but my AWHP measured at 285HP). Anyone done anything?

Just ordered my apr remap. But im going for the stage 2+ with pulley upgrade. But i also have the miltek non res with strat intake. So cant really compare. Looking at 450+ with all these mods.

Do you have any other power mods?

Very strange that you have lost 135bhp through the transmission?

How is everyone getting on with all the new remaps? Happy faces?

Anyone heard of the other companies finishing their remap options yet?

Revo may be close to having one released. They are on beta at the moment. As they say it's a switchable remap, i am kinda waiting for it.

Revo | Latest News

oh, switchable remap sounds good.
Shame they don't make a reduced power extra efficiency mode, then switch it to full 400+ bhp :)

Spoke to Revo and they said they can do the remap down south, and they will be doing an official release in 3 weeks.
70bhp so taking it to over 400 :)

Spoke to Revo and they said they can do the remap down south, and they will be doing an official release in 3 weeks.
70bhp so taking it to over 400 :)

Did they give you an idea on price? Would this require the supercharger pulley being changed?

Group buy?

Reactions: evil_scooby
Group buy sounds good :)

Apparently the remaps and piggybacks just now don't need the pulley being changed but that goes against everything I heard about other supercharged cars getting remapped!

We will see.

from reading on another forum (i forget which) it looks like the ecu is holding the supercharger with some reserve, which would explain why a map can make use of its full potential. It also explains why the gains low down in the rev range are not as great as when you go 3000+.