s4 b6 boot lid opening

dave rutter

Reaction score
hi all, i have a 54 plate s4, when opening the boot with the remote should the lid lift on its own , if not is there a fix/upgrade . thanks

By default it just pops open an inch or so, and then you manually open from there.

You can get hold of the auto opening hinges/uprated dampers/springs like this:
E44336AA-F29B-462D-892D-865C5B3040E2_zpstuohcpic.png

and then the boot opens fully on its own when the remote button is pressed

Reactions: Northampton_ofn
It a rare find secondhand but they do crop up, otherwise main dealer/TPS.

I use mine all the time and it is really helpful when your hands are fully with kids on tow

how can you tell they are auto open hinges , there are a few sets that look like the picture you showed me Mike, of course the breakers are just saying which car they came off

There is a small additional arm a spring attaches too which assists with opening the boot, plus you will need the updated dampers to push it up as the originals are not up to the job.....these are about £50 for the pair from TPS a few years back.

Then there are also plastic covers for both sides to dress the hinges up as the originals cannot be used.

There is a small additional arm a spring attaches too which assists with opening the boot, plus you will need the updated dampers to push it up as the originals are not up to the job.....these are about £50 for the pair from TPS a few years back.

Then there are also plastic covers for both sides to dress the hinges up as the originals cannot be used.
Would you be able to send me a link or tell me what name to look for these?
Can't find it anywhere...

Semedo_B6