1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4 B5 ABS problem

Daniel Iversen Aug 29, 2018

1. Daniel Iversen

Daniel Iversen Member

So, little over a week ago i bought a S4 B5.

Some days after i Got home with the car, it started flashing the brake lights (ABS fault).

The fault code that comes up is P01435, and the ABS is acting fun when Braking.

I was able to delete the fault code, But car is still acting funny with the ABS.

Anyone have had the same problem and symptoms?

The only problem i Can Think of is ABS ring failure.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Is it a facelift car with ESP?

That fault code is related to a brake pressure sensor which is either part of, or bolted to the ABS pump. If its part of the pump, it'll need a pump replacement to cure it. It can sometimes be caused by a broken brake light switch as well.

Ring issues usually cause no fault codes at all, instead you get a bouncy brake pedal and a reduction in braking just before pulling up to a stop.

Potentially you have more than one issue...

pilla likes this.
  4. matt66604

matt66604 Active Member VCDS Map User

If the abs is acting funny when braking. Check the rings on the front driveshafts. Corrosion builds up underneath and splits them. New ones can be had on eBay. Or a complete new CV joint is preferable. Quite cheap too.. and check the rings on the inside of the rear discs also if it’s a fwd. I bought a b5 tdi not long ago with abs light on. Guy just had new rear discs and the garage didn’t swap over the abs rings.. complete idiots