S4 Avant Question

jbee3

Reaction score
Hi there - just a question for those of you who know the S4 in detail. I am picking up a used S4 (late 2009) Avant on Tuesday but when I test drove it something struck me as a bit odd. I thought that when you turned it on you see an S4 logo in the DIS AND also in the MMI screen? But when I turned it on it just had an audi logo on the MMI? Am i wrong? Best, JUstin

I'm not 100% sure as I only have an A4 but I do remember seeing that you can change the screen logo via a secret setting option on the mmi. I think you have to hold the car and setup buttons to get to this secret settings option but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

just the mmi has the logo, DIS doesnt display it but the clocks have the logo on the speedo, perhaps that's where the confusion comes in. I LOVE my 2010 S4, great choice! great tuning engine too, almost 500bhp easily achievable for under £2k

My MMI just says "Audi Multi Media Interface" on the screen - it's only MMI 2G, so that might be it. If you are looking at a late 2009 model, it'll have 3G so that might be the difference? My DIS just says "Put your foot on the brake before you change out of Park you fool" or something like that.

My DIS say "put your foot on the accelerator and enjoy" :)

.....well, it should do. AUDI, take note.

Reactions: benjie
Late 2014 - No DIS logo, just the MMI splash screen only.

Here is my DIS display at startup. I get a full RS4 display on the large MMI screen and this in the DIS between the clocks.

IMG 3802