S4 Avant - no heated mirrors ;-(

ColinM

Reaction score
New to the S4 Avant, my old 2004 A4 1.9tdi sold to it's new owner yesterday so first time out on a frosty morning in the S4. Very disappointed to discover the door mirrors aren't heated. Was standard on the old 1.9tdi sport but remained frosted up on the new car. Cheapskates Audi, why aren't my mirrors heated?

New to the S4 Avant, my old 2004 A4 1.9tdi sold to it's new owner yesterday so first time out on a frosty morning in the S4. Very disappointed to discover the door mirrors aren't heated. Was standard on the old 1.9tdi sport but remained frosted up on the new car. Cheapskates Audi, why aren't my mirrors heated?

Really? Did you get the electrically folding mirrors? Mine have it. And I never go for the memory ones or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should be standard but you need to twist the toggle on the drivers door that moves the door mirrors to the heated position.

Reactions: m4ward and Thundercliffe81
Twist the mirror knob 180° so the white marker faces rearwards, the mirrors will then defrost.
With the fancy VC and pre sense etc it is extremely poor that you have to manually select this?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I guess it’s all part of the “energy users” philosophy that it’s only needed for half the year?

My previous car, they would operate below 5 degrees automatically. I think it’s more a case of ‘we have this standard switch so will use it’

Reactions: tickedon
Look at the switch on the door...

Auto defrosting is standard these days on most if not all prestige cars, except Audi it seems. Coming from a Mercedes, i still have an SL, i was surprised that i had to manually turn on the front parking sensors on my S5!

Found it, thanks! Should have read the manual.

OK, next question, missing on this Audi (or can't find it yet) - where do I keep my parking/shopping trolley coins?

Found it, thanks! Should have read the manual.

OK, next question, missing on this Audi (or can't find it yet) - where do I keep my parking/shopping trolley coins?
In your pocket!

Reactions: Riko0073 and Spaceman_RS3
What about that little rectangle cubby hole near the gearstick? Could be a good receptacle for coins

Just checked my B8.5 S5 and the mirrors defrost automatically so a step back on the B9.

Just noticed yesterday that it seems like the drive side heated mirror doesn't seem to be work on my s4 :(

Will need to book it in tomorrow for them to have a look at.

So.... does the S4 B9, without extra folding mirrors etc, have heated mirrors as standard??...

I have them on my S Line but think the passenger side one may be faulty...

I am assuming that both sides are heated? The drivers one is fine.

They're both heated for sure, you'd best take it back to Audi to look at if one isn't working.

Reactions: craigomills
Used my heated mirrors for the first time this morning, the driver's side mirror was much slower to demist than the passenger side, I thought it wasn't working to start with. Manual selection definitely a backward step from the B8.5 as are the ventilation settings in my view.

However the rest of the car being, engines excluded you s4 fanboys, is leaps and bounds an advance ;-)