S4 Avant Disks and Pads Recomendations.

SteelCity-G

Reaction score
Hey everyone,its time for some new disks and pads allround on my S4 avant and just wondered if anyone can recommend a good disk and pad combo ,i need something quite decent as its now running 530bhp after the MRC map and it struggles to stop after its been driven hard.:racer::scared2::icon thumright:

Hey everyone,its time for some new disks and pads allround on my S4 avant and just wondered if anyone can recommend a good disk and pad combo ,i need something quite decent as its now running 530bhp after the MRC map and it struggles to stop after its been driven hard.:racer::scared2::icon thumright:

what mods do you have to get upto 530bhp?

what mods do you have to get upto 530bhp?
Hi mate...Performance upgrades I`ve had done so far are,an IE direct cold air induction kit,uprated spark plugs,both cats removed,AWE systems track exhaust,uprated crank pulley and uprated supercharger pulley and belt,MRC stage II map for Tesco momentum 99 ron fuel.

Think that's it on the performance side,the rest is mainly handling and cosmetic upgrades,engine oil,gearbox oil,both diff oils,supercharger oil replacement,etc etc.:icon thumright:

So at what point did you think that avoiding spending money on a suitable brake upgrade made sense? Fix "Stopping" then improving "Going" that is the way to do things.

So at what point did you think that avoiding spending money on a suitable brake upgrade made sense? Fix "Stopping" then improving "Going" that is the way to do things.
It was not and is not a case of avoiding spending money on a suitable brake upgrade,just a case of thinking the S4 brakes are and would be good enough with new good quality disks and pads to stop the car safely at this power.

Obviously I thought wrong:redface new:,a mistake easily made when you have never had an audi at this kind of power and are not very knowledgeable about audi`s to start with.:whistle2:

The brakes were awesome at standard power when I first drove/bought the car 10 months ago and almost put me through the screen,being used to older fast cars that needed big brake kits to stop them,I thought this newer car with all the fancy german electrical trickery would be different,now I know its not.:icon thumright:

Attachments

• s41.jpg
    s41.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 90
  • s42.jpg
    s42.jpg
    830.6 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: Nitro_CR and RyanJonS4
I’ve put a vagbremtechnic ap racing setup on mine, the stopping power is like nothing else I’ve ever felt and I’ve done 10 back to back laps at oulton park at full chat without a hint of fade

I’ve put a vagbremtechnic ap racing setup on mine, the stopping power is like nothing else I’ve ever felt and I’ve done 10 back to back laps at oulton park at full chat without a hint of fade
I had an AP Racing 6 pot setup on a Subaru Sti I owned a few years back running 505bhp,and I was seriously impressed with them.

Do you have any info on where to purchase them buddy,any help is much appreciated as I'm out of my comfort zone a bit with this car.

I bought mine through awesome gti, vagbremtechnic are 1 of their side projects they have going on there.

You can go down the route of rs4/Macan/q5/rs6 etc callipers and discs and save some money. Although your stepping up the number of pistons and possibly getting a slightly larger disc they are not going to be much of an upgrade over standard brakes for repeated stops from speed. With Oe brakes from another model your never going to get fade resistance like you will with a proper track setup from the likes of stoptech/ap racing etc and if you push them hard enough they will fail you!

My discs are 390mm and (I think)36mm thick with separate bells, they have way more veins in them to aid cooling, I’m running ds2500 pads, braided lines and uprated fluid as well.

Other than awesome gti there’s a spot I’ve looked at called Reyland motorsport that do some nice looking kits. I think they use their own make of disc rather than ap racing unless you specify you want ap. Another place I know of that looks really good is Tom wrigley performance.

where you are in the country will probably be the biggest factor on where to go?

Have you upgraded your charge cooler setup on your car?

Mines mrc stage 2 with just the crank pully intake and alpha cooler and pump upgrade and I’d like to take it to the next level now!

I bought mine through awesome gti, vagbremtechnic are 1 of their side projects they have going on there.

You can go down the route of rs4/Macan/q5/rs6 etc callipers and discs and save some money. Although your stepping up the number of pistons and possibly getting a slightly larger disc they are not going to be much of an upgrade over standard brakes for repeated stops from speed. With Oe brakes from another model your never going to get fade resistance like you will with a proper track setup from the likes of stoptech/ap racing etc and if you push them hard enough they will fail you!

My discs are 390mm and (I think)36mm thick with separate bells, they have way more veins in them to aid cooling, I’m running ds2500 pads, braided lines and uprated fluid as well.

Other than awesome gti there’s a spot I’ve looked at called Reyland motorsport that do some nice looking kits. I think they use their own make of disc rather than ap racing unless you specify you want ap. Another place I know of that looks really good is Tom wrigley performance.

where you are in the country will probably be the biggest factor on where to go?
Thanks very much for the info mate,got lots of searching and reading to do me thinks,much appreciated.:icon thumright:

Have you upgraded your charge cooler setup on your car?

Mines mrc stage 2 with just the crank pully intake and alpha cooler and pump upgrade and I’d like to take it to the next level now!
No not yet mate but it's got to be done tho,they had to abort the second run on the dyno as the intake temps were getting to high,the stock cooler was def out of its depth they said.