S4 Aftermarket Steering Knuckle

hidnmine

Reaction score
I have to replace one of the steering knuckles on my 2009 S4, and have been stunned at the cost from Audi.

Aftermarket parts are available at sensible prices for cars from late 2009 onward (e.g. Metzger 58087802), but apparently not for my older car (early 2009).

I've studied the photos of the later part and they look identical to mine. Does anyone know what's the difference, and can I use the later part.

Thanks,
Andy

I have to replace one of the steering knuckles on my 2009 S4, and have been stunned at the cost from Audi.

Aftermarket parts are available at sensible prices for cars from late 2009 onward (e.g. Metzger 58087802), but apparently not for my older car (early 2009).

I've studied the photos of the later part and they look identical to mine. Does anyone know what's the difference, and can I use the later part.

Thanks,
Andy
As long as it's up to November 2011 and not after then it should. Which side do you need?
As far as I can see there have been 2 part numbers for the left side 8K0407253Q and
8K0407253AB. Same for the right with part numbers 8K0407254Q and 8K0407254AB.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't see it sooner (I thought I would get an email notification).
The part I need is for the left side.
My copy of Etka is from 2010. It shows 8K0 407 253 G for cars after December 2008 and up to November 2009 (my car is early 2009).
After November 2009, the suffix changes to ---253R/T/Q/S.
None of the aftermarket parts I've looked at include the -253G version, so I'm loath to buy unless I can find out what they changed.

The casting is marked R8K0407257G-SJ2Fr COBA.

I found a second hand part on Ebay with this same casting code, so thought my problem solved. I bought it, but just found that the tapered bush for the "suspension guide" is bigger! I can't even swap out the taper bush as the hole has been machined larger..

I'm lost! It's looking like the only option is to buy from Audi.

Frustrated and peed off!!

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't see it sooner (I thought I would get an email notification).
The part I need is for the left side.
My copy of Etka is from 2010. It shows 8K0 407 253 G for cars after December 2008 and up to November 2009 (my car is early 2009).
After November 2009, the suffix changes to ---253R/T/Q/S.
None of the aftermarket parts I've looked at include the -253G version, so I'm loath to buy unless I can find out what they changed.

The casting is marked R8K0407257G-SJ2Fr COBA.

I found a second hand part on Ebay with this same casting code, so thought my problem solved. I bought it, but just found that the tapered bush for the "suspension guide" is bigger! I can't even swap out the taper bush as the hole has been machined larger..

I'm lost! It's looking like the only option is to buy from Audi.

Frustrated and peed off!!
Where are you located m8? Have you tried
https://tps.trade
Give them a ring, much cheaper than Audi but all genuine parts. They may even be able to see what the difference is in the later part numbers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I recently replaced both of mine and got them from a company in Germany. The
Two differences i found were m12 and m14 lower ball joints.

Reactions: Ginge247