S4 3.0TFSi automatic gearbox change / gearbox locked

castiello

Reaction score
Hello, I have trouble with replacing S4 TFSi 2011 automatic gearbox.

When i put completely the same, but different one (my old one had bad gears) I got transmission locked problem. Dash shows SAFE instead of mileage and also gear selector does nothing, car only revs on neutral.

When I connect it with ODIS I get "transmission locked" fault, then, it wants to do adaptation of immobiliser but for this, it needs SVM (or activation) code. Which I do not have.

Then, when i put old mechatronics to new transmission, it!s OK, no fault at all, but then, after 1km, engine shuts off and ODIS says gear selector sensor fault.

My question is - can gear selector go faulty just by replacing mechatronics?
Or, can somebody provide me with this activation code please? I have working online connection, but I just need this code. Or hint what could go wrong.

I'm am unfamiliar with the specifics, but that's probably the "component protection" system that Audi has. Something along the lines of licensing. If it is, I think you have to pay a dealer to have it sorted.

Thanks for answer, but unfortunatelly it is not. I have on-line access, can do component protection but this is not The case.

As i write above - it needs SVM code for activating transmission / immo change.