S4 2011 Avant AMI retrofit

paranoidsystems

vroom vroom
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 S4 Avant I picked up over christmas. The car has a concert system with AUX in the arm rest. I found a CAN AMI module from an A5 as I believe this is what I need not the MOST AMI as my gateway wont have the fibre link up. from searching google the 2011 S4 with concert could have AMI or AUX but not both. I am not so bothered about keeping the AUX. My hope is with the right cable (unless the car already has the AMI loom in it?) and one of those apple 30 pin to bluetooth dongles I can get Bluetooth streaming and wheel controls?

I am assuming I will have to code the car to say it doesn't have AUX plugged in and now has AMI plugged in (once I can find the right car loom). I have tried my hand at googling and searching the forum but was unable to confirm and anyone knew if this would work? I can see it working on MMI cars but my concert is not really MMI is it? dont want to be going MMI and dealing with CP and such just to be able to add AMI and get Bluetooth streaming.

if I am totally wrong and my concert system will never do this.....then what options have I got for bluetooth streaming and wheel controls. can I get a later gateway and later AMI? do I think need a MMI headunit plus all the trim, controls and loom that come with it?

If you need the parts I've got the module and loom plus the 30 pin ipod connector and USB connector. which I removed from my B8. I originally retro fitted it but removed it when I installed the dynavin head unit. The loom will need the blue plug from your aux loom soldering on. This is because I cut the plug off and frigged it so I could still switch between the aux and AMI. I also don't have the black surround for the module as I mounted it above the glove box so it was out the way. You can have the lot for £70.

If you need the parts I've got the module and loom plus the 30 pin ipod connector and USB connector. which I removed from my B8. I originally retro fitted it but removed it when I installed the dynavin head unit. The loom will need the blue plug from your aux loom soldering on. This is because I cut the plug off and frigged it so I could still switch between the aux and AMI. I also don't have the black surround for the module as I mounted it above the glove box so it was out the way. You can have the lot for £70.

Thanks for the offer but I have the module and the retrofit loom but I have decided to go the route of RSNAV and go the whole hog as they say.

Reactions: EXSpartan36