1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S3's with FMIC's - Who do you insure with?

vanilla_ice Mar 8, 2016

1. vanilla_ice

vanilla_ice Registered User

Renewal time is upon me and thinking of fitting a FMIC.

I believe my current insurers (Admiral) do not insure cars modified with FMIC's.

Can anyone recommend their insurer?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

Adrian flux are pretty good! Very competitive on price too. Much cheaper than the companies you'd expect to see come up on those comparative websites.

4. S3 Hilife

S3 Hilife It's an addiction Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Also with Adrian Flux, very cheap even with long list of mods

5. scotty_24

scotty_24 Registered User

Every single mod insured with Adrian Flux. The bloke on the phone even said "That sounds like a good spec!"

Another vote for Adrian Flux

Goubo1 likes this.
  6. S3_NDJ

S3_NDJ Registered User

Flux all the way however admiral said they would insure me with a FMIC but they dont do over 5 modifications. Also adrian flux do flex drive witch i paid 30 squid extra and it makes it so ur fully comp on any other car thats not at ur address or with finance on it

7. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

Any of the insurance site sponsors will cover your FMIC, mention ASN for a potential discount or scheme that they provide for members.

8. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

I used to be with Admiral. They charged me an admin fee for the change but no extra on the premium. FMIC's aren't really a performance mod, they only let you keep what you've got for longer on a hot day!

9. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User

This doesn't apply to me because my car is completely standard :)

Goubo1 and VAG-Slag like this.
  10. ayfreetee

ayfreetee Registered User

Play off Flux and Chris Knott insurance brokers against each other, get a quote from one, then go to the other, then keep going between the two to get a rock bottom price, works for me every year.

vanilla_ice likes this.
  11. feck_on_a_stick

feck_on_a_stick Registered User

I'm with Greenlight. Any time I've modified the car during the year and rang to declare them, they haven't asked for more money. My last renewal was actually cheaper even after adding my FMIC, Milltek and remap the year before.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Craigmbp

Craigmbp Registered User

Sky insurance are pretty good for me. Found them to be cheaper than Adrian Flux with all mods declared.

14. rhubarb4

rhubarb4 Certified Audi nutter Gold Supporter

Last year I was with Adrian Flux and this year I'm with Sky Insurance, both are great and have no qualms with any of my mods including my FMIC, I just swap because they always seem to beat each other the next year lol

15. JonnyDerv

JonnyDerv Registered User

Admiral wouldn't insure me with a fmic either lol, big turbo with Adrian Flux, no problem at all, wouldn't go anywhere else.

16. vanilla_ice

vanilla_ice Registered User

So, I went with Adrian Flux this time, but will shop around and play off each other some more next renewal.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

17. CCWjames

CCWjames Registered User

i deal with Adrian flux as got their trading cards (kick back on people joining via my code)

i have paint job (rare colour on model)
    wheels
    remap
    tints (removed)
    lowered
    and the add on for driving any other car £10,000 cover