S3RYE's Build Thread

Rye loving the seat plan mate, sounds like they'll be great! I've always like the alcantara trim quattro81 is spot on it does wonders holding you in place when having some fun.

Looking forwards to the mods bro :) Might have to pop down to Ace and check some cars out. Mine should be out today with shiny new hybrid fitted :) can't wait to get it mapped!

Glad you got it sorted.

AMDTuning are always my first call and whatever niggles I've had,they've sorted them and given me a truly quick car on the process.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying my old beast.

cheers Al! back in love! and yes Amd although not the fastest, they are great at what they do! thats why i always go straight to them!

its this tuesday mate as far as i know, you up for it?

cant do tuesday! going brands! and its my b day on tuesday!!

Rye loving the seat plan mate, sounds like they'll be great! I've always like the alcantara trim quattro81 is spot on it does wonders holding you in place when having some fun.

Looking forwards to the mods bro :) Might have to pop down to Ace and check some cars out. Mine should be out today with shiny new hybrid fitted :) can't wait to get it mapped!

cheers bro! yeh paolo mentioned ace is next tuesday but its my b day! will have to be the one next month!!

that is looking mint mate! fair play.. i wanted to get some bbs couldnt afford the hole in my pocket tho! :shrug:
always gotta make sure your car is slammed tho so much better! :blackrs4:

LOL! yeh im also doing the door cards in alcantara!
:wub: i love mine in alcantara atm they feel soo tactile lol.. Also grips more when i'm digging my right elbow into it when turning left (no I'm not joking!)

Went to Brands for club msv track day on tuesday! For my B-Day. One of the best things i've ever done! Anyone who hasn't before do it!!

Car was absolutely EPIC! Kept up with everything there, even the caterhams. ****** off many people as they started "not" letting me through (think they got fed up of pulling over for me) :) All day people were coming over looking round the car then saying to me "what the f*ck have you done to this thing? it wasn't as fast into the corners as the caterhams but mid corner i was able to literally plant my right foot and gripping round and through the bends!

BTW. for all people who moan about understeer in the S3. Your going too fast. I've never really struggled with understeer in my car obviously i know i can make it happen but its a 4wd. Slower into the bend get your line and power out. either that or way too much steering input. Im not making out I'm a pro racing driver now, but these have been my thoughts all along. I never voiced them as i wanted to prove to myself this was the case. And it is.

Heres some pics!

Upon Arrival, the convoy! (E46 M3 - 360HP) (me) (Mini CS 220HP) (E30 325 sport)
IMG_3649.jpg

Plate off, Tow eye in & ready to Beast!
IMG_3653.jpg

Track shots!
IMG_5618_1420.jpg

IMG_5582_1420.jpg

_3005006_1040-1.jpg

IMG_5504_1420.jpg

IMG_5443_1420.jpg

IMG_4355_1200.jpg

IMG_4171_1200.jpg

IMG_4169_1200.jpg

hope you enjoyed....

Reactions: ~RS~
Wow great pictures ,great day ,your car is looking smoking hot...:)

Great day by the sounds of things mate, good call!

Excellent pics as well, really clear and crisp. Particularly liking this 2nd and 3rd pics, car looks epic :)

track day is a great fun...was once when i had just intake exhaust and a remap and had a great fun. now with all the other bits and more power i guess it would be even better. the only thing is that oem brakes don't perform long...

cheers lads! itching to book my next one already! :arco:

S. you need to do one now your cars much faster! i cant get over how quick it felt. Next time i will have some extra cooling going on. My oil temp reached like 112 degrees lol!

Hi ryan any videos love these pictures makes me want to keep her,,lol!,go mocal or setrab for an oil cooler,they are great quality and will keep your temps in line.:)

cheers lads! itching to book my next one already! :arco:

S. you need to do one now your cars much faster! i cant get over how quick it felt. Next time i will have some extra cooling going on. My oil temp reached like 112 degrees lol!

112 degrees isn't actually that hot, some of the 20vt lads are seeing 140+ on a trackday without an intercooler!

As you're keen to book the next one, how about this for a top day out amongst similar machinery?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-hatch-august-bank-holiday-saturday-25th.html

Hi ryan any videos love these pictures makes me want to keep her,,lol!,go mocal or setrab for an oil cooler,they are great quality and will keep your temps in line.:)

There are a couple videos on my friends camcorder! ill have to try and get them off him when i see him. They are fly bys from the pit wall doing anywhere from 90-120mph WOT. They sound pretty cool!

112 degrees isn't actually that hot, some of the 20vt lads are seeing 140+ on a trackday without an intercooler!

As you're keen to book the next one, how about this for a top day out amongst similar machinery?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-hatch-august-bank-holiday-saturday-25th.html

That makes me feel better. Tp be fair i was keeping an eye on the oil temp and as soon as it went above 110 deg i had a couple cooling laps (5th gear all round) or stopped in the pits.

I do want to do another one but i've got friends who also want to come who don't own VAG cars so i don't think this ones going to work for me! :(