S3RYE's Build Thread

S3RYE

Interior Next!!
Reaction score
Hi,

Some of you guys already know me, I have been a member on here for over a year.. I have a Phantom S3 8P3...

I have created several threads over the time ive been a member but never really had a main build thread so thought i would even though i havent actually done much building yet...

It all started last February, i was bored of my beloved GTTuning Cooper S.. although it was so dearly loved i felt i needed a change, something bigger, faster yet still tunable and good looking (classy)... i always wanted an S3 since seeing one (when first released) in Audi on a 56 reg in sprint blue..

So cut a long story short i went to Audi and within two weeks picked up my new car.. (im very impatient and found a new facelift that was in stock) part of the reason i dont have buckets :sadlike:

so here she was after 200 miles and her first pics

DSC02045.jpg

DSC02048.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

i was instantly in love.. everything about the car was spot on apart from the ipod dock which was a right rip off!!! but mehhh

few months went by and my car got egged!!:scared2:

so i contacted Gleammachine, and had her detailed... few pics.. (she looked 10x better than when i collected her)

s3audi0201.jpg
updates30231.jpg

updates30061.jpg
audi0521.jpg

audi0741.jpg
audi0151.jpg

next up was a visit to AMD essex for Revo stage 1... what a transformation.. :eyebrows: she made 328BHP/324Lb/Ft

then i snapped up an Evoms Intake and had that installed

IMG_0883.jpg

now she was sounding lovely, feeling a lot looser and generally all round better to drive... finally starting to unlock some of her potential... :w00t:

I now wanted to sort the looks out a bit, sounds mad but i really dont like having a standard looking car... now i know people object BBS CH's cause they're common as muck bla bla bla.. but i think they are one of the best looking wheels out there + take it away from the standard look so win for me...

I went with 18x8 et50 with a Michelin PS2 all round in 225/40/18 (i really wanted to keep the ride from being crashy, as i made this mistake by putting 18's on my Cooper S...

Offer up..
IMG_0960.jpg

looks good enough... down to the bank to ge the cash and wallop...

IMG_0962-1.jpg

now i got the wheels the gap starts to bother me so i immediately order some H&R's from Damian @ DPM thanks :yes:

whilst waiting for these i had the unfortunate luck of some ******* crashing into me...
IMG_0981.jpg

thanks you unisured ****!!

so it was three months in total without my baby, in this time i had a a4 tdi, s3, TT 3.2 and a nissan pixo... see pic of my favourite! :yes:

IMG_1271.jpg

so once i got it back finally i got the springs fitted and took some new photos, really liking how she is looking now..

DSC03167.jpg

DSC03166.jpg

DSC03162.jpg

DSC03165.jpg

DSC03154.jpg

and one dirty one
DSC03150.jpg

so thats all for now...

Trying to save some money now so i can get Led's, Spacers, Arbs's, Stage 2 map and TBE.. want to do all that in one hit! watch this space..... :yes:

Reactions: quattro81
Looks the ******** mate, nice post and pics. I am getting the Evoms, is there any way of havin the engine cover on when its fitted??
Can't wait for mine on the 1st Sept, and at least the weeks are flying by for me, so will soon be here.

Very nice indeed! I always like black as you can never get tired of it!

Looks fantastic! You have some extras on your car which I want so much:

Auto Dim E/Folding Mirrors
Rain Sensor
Interior Light pack

Why would someone spend so much on a car and not order map reading lights...:banghead:

Rain Sensor
Interior Light pack

Why would someone spend so much on a car and not order map reading lights...:banghead:

lol waring!

Retrofit project?

Looks the ******** mate, nice post and pics. I am getting the Evoms, is there any way of havin the engine cover on when its fitted??
Can't wait for mine on the 1st Sept, and at least the weeks are flying by for me, so will soon be here.

yeh evoms make an engine cover for it but its just plain.. quite nice though i think (does its job of tidying it up) some people cut off parts off the old one and stick it on to it etc.. http://www.vag-tuner.com/acatalog/2.0TFSI.html

or some people just chop off parts of the oem engine cover and reuse that which also looks good.. im just not sure about taking a dremel to mine :scared2:

Very nice indeed! I always like black as you can never get tired of it!

its great, but its a bitch to keep clean.. and it marks so easily.. Audi paint seems to be very soft if you know what i mean.. e.g my girlfriend is a bit careless at time and when she gets bags or things out the car tends to rub agaist the car.. and i end up wanting to :whip:

Rain Sensor
Interior Light pack

to be fair they are all great extras, i know what you mean though.. i kick myself on a daily basis about not having bucket seats.. everytime i see an Audi with them i wanna :banghead:

lol waring!

Retrofit project?

Dimming mirrors looks to expensive to retrofit but i have Robins loom for the puddle lights etc so will be doing that soon.

to be fair they are all great extras, i know what you mean though.. i kick myself on a daily basis about not having bucket seats.. everytime i see an Audi with them i wanna

I know but interior light pack doesnt cost much extra. ahhhh

Dimming mirrors looks to expensive to retrofit but i have Robins loom for the puddle lights etc so will be doing that soon.

I know but interior light pack doesnt cost much extra. ahhhh

yeh not like buckets £1500-£2500 :sadlike:

Looks really nice mate, any other plans for it?

Lovely.
I have the same mods and they are esential for the S3 IMO.
Optics on a black car is very cool too.

cheers
Paul

Great looking car! Got sprint blue myself, but that's the best looking black S3 I've seen for a good while...

Can't help but notice that yer mate seems busy there? :happy: :drag:

Looking good mate :)

~Tell your passenger 2's please lol!

Great work so far. Looks the bomb :)

Great looking car! Got sprint blue myself, but that's the best looking black S3 I've seen for a good while...

Ha Ha good spot!

Some funk tube construction happening in the passenger seat.:detective2:

Looks really nice mate, any other plans for it?

yeh man loads planned! should have a few bits to update next week, got a few bits on the way nothing extra special! :ninja:

Looking lovely mate. Good build thread, bet you cant wait till you got some extra cash

i never seem to have any cash with this car... goes into bank, then goes into car lol! :think:

Lovely.
I have the same mods and they are esential for the S3 IMO.
Optics on a black car is very cool too.

cheers
Paul

cheers man! :thumbsup:yours is like a sprint version of mine would be cool to get them together!! :rock:

haha! hes ermmmmmm :ninja:

Looking good mate :)

~Tell your passenger 2's please lol!

Great work so far. Looks the bomb :)

haha! love it! :laugh:

Ha Ha good spot!

Some funk tube construction happening in the passenger seat.:detective2:

funk tube construction... thats a new one!:drag::wacko:

Last edited:
looks the mutts nuts mate... well nice looking motor you have there.. cant wait to see the progress pics.......

What's in the pipe for AITP S3RYE? Spill the beans.

+1

Now it's been highlighted it's quite blindingly obvious!

Not gonna be at AITP mate this year.. Got so much goin on at the moment!! No time for fun :( but I got a few bits on my way this week :)

Really nice car, I love the colour my first A3 was in phantom, one of those colours you really need to have polished properly to see at it's best (which you have clearly had done)

Big thumbs up from me!

Cheers Craig! Will be even better when you give me your buckets:ninja:

Not a problem I paid about £20 a while ago so £10+postage will be fine!

melody-clear-wash-bucket-lg.jpg

lol

my newest toy :hubbahubba: ... Big thanks to James (waring192) APR HPFP & replacement Cam follower (in the little tub)

Will prob have this installed next week regardless of not having TBE & software yet... also got a spare engine cover on the way also from james... Gonna have a go at tweaking that next week to along with adding some ducting to my intake (through the fog light surround) :eyebrows:

IMG_1349.jpg

Last edited:
ahhh new toy's. Cant beat them!

Sounds good, and you know it will spur you on to get to stage 2 :)

ok guys so a bit of an update....

as you might remember a set of buckets came up on ebay last week.. well i was kind of fed up with the whole bucket situation... i had money there for them which i dipped into the week before but i couldnt go any longer without them... (i was genuinely looking at buying another S3 dropping modding just for seats).. sounds sad but is true.

so i called the guy up thrashed a deal out and drove to leeds from east london at 7pm on thursday evening after work... :scared2:

anyway so got up there was an ok drive.. got to the seats and well they werent in prestine condition like advertised.. but i werent complaining id just driven 200 miles on a weeknight... so took em.. long painful drive home with seats resting on the bolsters on the boot :sadlike: i had visions someone would slam there brakes or do something real stoopid infront of me and cause the seats to fly through the window or something... anyway they didn't.. :happy:

got home at 2.30am had work so left them in the car (i was that tired) :lazy:

next day woke up without any issues haha!... also had a quiet morning at the office so over to M.O.T place next to me few tools and off we go.. had them installed in 1 hour.. piece of **** really....

i cant explain to you how much more i love my car... its easier to drive hard.. no slipping... and everytime your in the car you feel that little bit more special... not to mention people really notice them... cant imagine the looks Nath gets when driving about!!:photo:

i have left my original door cards in for the moment.. im currently deciding what to do... im gonna go for a full retrim next year after ive gone stage 2... id like to hear peoples opinions on colours for retrim and stuff

anyway guys enough talkin heres some pics... hope you like... the outside was clean but inside was a bit dusty.... :yes:

DSC03283.jpg

DSC03285.jpg

DSC03286.jpg

DSC03287.jpg

DSC03284.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

DSC03288.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: quattro81
JELOUSSSSSSSSSSS :wub: mate looks lush lush lush.. well pleased for ya.. mind throwing me a rough price on how much you paid for her and did you have any issues in regards to the car picking up that the air bags were not there or was it a simple case of plug and plag with these?.. top notch dude..:o.k:

thanks sneakafreaka... when you say how much did i pay for her i take it your talking seats?? with regards to airbags the seats come with(mine didnt) wiring looms that tell the OBC the airbags are there and stop the airbag warning light... im currently sorting this with the seller as they aint cheap from Recaro(Audi) ive PM'ed you cost....

I really like the door cards being in a different colour, looks a bit like audi exclusive! would you consider having a couple of panels of the seats done in the same colour to match? I think that would look ace.

i was pretty close to buying these too mate, so im right in saying they came with faulty airbogs or not with airbags at all? also if you wouldnt mind pming me what you paid for them (presuming they were free of tears and airbags were functioning) i offered the guy 1350

thanks sneakafreaka... when you say how much did i pay for her i take it your talking seats?? with regards to airbags the seats come with(mine didnt) wiring looms that tell the OBC the airbags are there and stop the airbag warning light... im currently sorting this with the seller as they aint cheap from Recaro(Audi) ive PM'ed you cost....

Thanks for the PM dude... just to say again it was money well spent... looks the nuts...

oh and on the styling side, white stitching with white s3 embossing, with your piano trim changed out for white too

I really like the door cards being in a different colour, looks a bit like audi exclusive! would you consider having a couple of panels of the seats done in the same colour to match? I think that would look ace.

yeh me too... im considering putting the black/silver bench back in... (ill loose through load and centre arm rest in rear - not too bothered cause i dont see this benefit anyway) and gettin the buskets retrimmed to match.. just unsure whether a retrimmers would be able to match the colour codes on the leather... id want it exact! :o.k:

i was pretty close to buying these too mate, so im right in saying they came with faulty airbogs or not with airbags at all? also if you wouldnt mind pming me what you paid for them (presuming they were free of tears and airbags were functioning) i offered the guy 1350

they never came with wiring looms... the Recaro seats have a different loom to normal seats... am in the process of sorting this now... :banghead:

Thanks for the PM dude... just to say again it was money well spent... looks the nuts...

thanks brother... :happy:

oh and on the styling side, white stitching with white s3 embossing, with your piano trim changed out for white too

yeh am thinking along these lines.. with the embossment i think it would be easier for the to RECARO emboss them? i dont know why... i just worry it will be scaled wrong or look **** then the whole things a waste of time.. if and when they get retrimmed i want an ace job.....

just been quoted £1300 for full Nappa leather retrim.. including whatever colour stitching i want and differnt colour panels... http://www.theseatsurgeons.com/meta...i;max_rows=1;sort_column=;start_row=8#gallery

they look like a top company and there gallery is pretty impressive.. only objection... i asked how its all done.. basically i take my car there... they then get a factory in china to manufacture the kit... i take the car back at 8.30 am and its done by 3pm? does this sound right?? or should it all be done in house? she reckoned the quality is exceptional and they dont fit the kit unless its spot on... :wacko:

Looks tops! Might be another thing I consider for the new motor, this forum costs you a fortune! Too many good ideas are shared!