S3daves car project about to begin

s3gazz

Reaction score
Hi all been a Wile for me here.

so I may or may not be becoming the owner of s3daves car and come back into the S3 8l Seen, most of u know S3dave that sadly passed a few year ago (god bless) his car is been built back up will be ready in 2 week.just to be mapped then if all goes well.

That been said I don't hv a clue what was done or put into to engine that's already built up just needs putting back in. I know he has a 2.0t s3 turbo on it that was made hybrid and by who I don't know, also made it a 1.9t what he used is still unknown to me was wondering if anyone here has any info on the project he took up and what's been used or what he planned to do?

I'm hoping this will be finished have some body work done and take it for one last meating like santa pod or Gti international something along these lines something Dave would have wanted.

Ill try get some photos of the build up from the garage and also add here or to a thread he may have made for his build.

thank s3gaz

Reactions: SamHendry, Alex C, S3 Hilife and 1 other person
Hi Gaz, good to hear the car is nearly finished. Dave would have been so happy to know this. He still sadly missed by many on the forum. Look forward to the pics. :)

Reactions: s3gazz
Thank Sandra ye he shore would car is been dropped off next week with all the bits and I bobs I know he has at his work still in storage start date is 17th builder said will take 5 days so be looking to pick it up 22nd this month.

Reactions: Sandra
Thank Sandra ye he shore would car is been dropped off next week with all the bits and I bobs I know he has at his work still in storage start date is 17th builder said will take 5 days so be looking to pick it up 22nd this month.
So can't wait to see Dave's car again Gaz. Dave be so so proud of you. :) x

Gutted it carnt be sooner and or I would hv been coming to GTI international on the 8th

Dan @ bbt made the turbo for him I'm sure. Is a tfsi hybrid using Rs3 internals as far as I can remember.
Last stage dave was up to was making a 3.5inch downpipe for it which I know is very tight.
He also had found a local supplier of cast inlet manifold plenums so I don't know whether this was in his pile of parts??
He wanted quite a responsive car knocking on the door of 400hp so fingers crossed that's what it does.

Thank a lot Karl ill have a work with dan then.
We will see what it has this week when I pop up to look, I don't know what he's done clutch wise either or what he was after but hope this can be sorted easily enough.
Valve wise do u know if he's still running stock or went for a super tech valves at that power. Thanks gaz

So guys just wanted to share this, after all these years we finally have life in the old girl more to come.
a38dcbb691da507a7afdc109cb103856.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: S3AMJ, Ian W and vanilla_ice