S3 wrecked on Police interceptors programme.

Pinky1959

Reaction score
Just watched the Interceptors and there was a really nice looking 6 months old S3 probably written off by a **** driver who pinched it from his brother then failed to stop and crashed on top of street barriers .
He was given fine of £65 ,banned for a year, given a curfew and some community service, charged with aggravated twoc ,no insurance , not stopping for Police and careless driving .
IMO he got off lightly.
His attitude was awful and he didn't seem to care ,I hope his brother did not let him off as easy!
Also they stopped a car with L plates which was not insured for a learner , The L driver was aware he was not insured as was his dad whose car it was , The L driver will get points and the Dad will get a fine .
If I drove without insurance my car would have been taken away and I would get fined ,I would have thought they should both get points , Dad for allowing son, not insured to drive his car and son for doing it .
Going by this the law is a joke at the moment .
Sorry for the rant but things like this really **** me off.

Yeh I saw that, poor car :( think it was a little harsher than you said, 2 year ban, 200 hour community order and 6 month curfew (don’t really know what a curfew means in real terms) but the fine was pathetic (maybe income related?). Fairly harsh but guess it might have been first offence, wasn’t drink driving and didn’t hurt anyone.

I assume because it was TWOC the brother in law would have been covered on insurance, guessing if it had been with permission/knowledge his insurance wouldn’t have covered it? Either way he’s a knob as just makes all our premiums more expensive. At least no one was hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinky1959
Looked like he was more scared of his brother in law than any punishment from the law. Gasped when they recovered it off the barriers and the front began ripping off.

Don't think it would've been covered by insurance unless force/threat of force was involved, more likely the BIL left the keys lying around and the idiot just picked them up and went for a joy ride.

Edit: just looked up TWOC and in England and Wales it does not constitute theft so more or less confirms my suspicion above

Just watched the Interceptors and there was a really nice looking 6 months old S3 probably written off by a **** driver who pinched it from his brother then failed to stop and crashed on top of street barriers .
He was given fine of £65 ,banned for a year, given a curfew and some community service, charged with aggravated twoc ,no insurance , not stopping for Police and careless driving .
IMO he got off lightly.
His attitude was awful and he didn't seem to care ,I hope his brother did not let him off as easy!
Also they stopped a car with L plates which was not insured for a learner , The L driver was aware he was not insured as was his dad whose car it was , The L driver will get points and the Dad will get a fine .
If I drove without insurance my car would have been taken away and I would get fined ,I would have thought they should both get points , Dad for allowing son, not insured to drive his car and son for doing it .
Going by this the law is a joke at the moment .
Sorry for the rant but things like this really **** me off.

Driver should get an IN10 - No Insurance and Dad should have got an IN14 aiding and abetting really but not always given