S3 with Bose... aftermarket head unit advice

benh999

Reaction score
Folks I appreciate this has been asked before however the Threads are old so I hope new tech will help me out.

If I choose to fit an aftermarket DAB stereo with Bluetooth / Aux in etc what do I need to make it function in Harmony with the factory BOSE setup. It's a single din concert headunit.

I assume there will be an adaptor look for it so best setup and where to buy adaptor from etc please???

Pc9-410 adapter from audioleads and x2 ground isulations. I think that's all you need to run aftermarket HU on bose without any problems.

Hi.

You can find the stuff on Ebay. I use Autoleads PC9-408 in my car together with a Pioneer head unit.

/Benjamin

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Interesting , The Bose system retains the noise cancellation etc ? Just the radio changes .. still linked to the dash display ?

With a single roof Ae , would a sat-nav be a step too far ..or could the roof ae be replaced with a all band unit ?

Pc9-410 adapter from audioleads and x2 ground isulations. I think that's all you need to run aftermarket HU on bose without any problems.

Sorry pardon my ignorance however what are the ground insulations?

They are used to prevent the poping sound when turning on the HU, changing source etc.

They are used to prevent the poping sound when turning on the HU, changing source etc.

Okay so are they part that of the new loom or are they insulted wires you fit separately? If so where are they fitted?

They are separate harness. You need x2..one for front speakers and one for rears. They are fitted between car loom and HU.